What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drew Hutchison

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I would not be surprised if Widdop moved to fullback and Hutchison played five-eighth next year with Hunt at half-back. If he stays we will have good depth with the playmakers.

Back training with some contact work.

No time frame to when he will be back playing but looks like he will be this year.

Have to say this is good news and hopefully he decides to stay.
I hope he stays and gets some opportunities in FG.
This kid can play and he is a lot better that perception dictates.
Should've been the half back instead of Benji...

The club needs to develop him into a ball playing second row. Wade Graham style of player, he will need to toughen up, but has the size, needs muscle. Too slow for the halves, but looks like he has a good football brain. Worth the continual investment, at the correct price.

I was thinking the same thing, Wade Graham without the stupidity.
He's a big kid

KiamaSaint

Coach
Did not Widdop play fullback for the Storm. I think that Hutchison will be a success if he stays. He has good skills and just needs to build his confidence and timing. He plays towards the gaps
and makes few mistakes. Mac Gregor never gave him a fair go.

Yes, Widdop has played FB for the Storm.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I'm foreseeing a rotation of:
- Vaughan comes off for a rest
- De Belin slides from lock to front row
- Hutchison slots into lock to ball-play around the ruck and expose tired forwards.

Widdop needs to stay at 5/8. With Hunt coming these two could be the best pairing in the league,
After watching Hunt tonight, he needs to be the halves go to man and Widdop to play a more supporting role.
Then it makes no sense having Widdop as captain - he has an awful record anyway.