What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

drop Hoffman on form, make Matulino captain

Not big on Hoffman, seemed to be in or around a lot of defensive errors this year. But Matulino as captain.....
What about Foran! :)
I'm sure Kearney will get to choose who he wants out there to talk to refs and not be listened too.

Leber

Bench
lol troll post.

Hoffman isnt the problem, Matulino is part of the problem.

Only time I'll say this, but I hope matulino eats a lot of pies over the off season.

Actually thinking about it, Foran as captain could work.
He could slip the refs a cheeky $50.
We might actually get some calls go our way and win this thing!!!! :)

lol troll post.

Hoffman isnt the problem, Matulino is part of the problem.

Only time I'll say this, but I hope matulino eats a lot of pies over the off season.
At 107kg, J Bromwich has 7kg on him.
So he needs to put 10kg on during off seasons.

spear tackle

Juniors
I'd rather see it kept as is, since the only other one who would be good has already done it and seemingly doesn't want it.
Foran? If he is here and only for a year it hardly seems worth it especially if you are building for the future.
The only other one I would possibly consider from our regular first grader at the moment is Luke but he can be a bit of a hothead at times, which is one of his better qualities

Big Marn

Juniors
Its not a troll post guys. I just wanted to see what sort of feedback there would be.
I didnt give it a lot of thought but it occurred to me that sometimes making a player captain can be the best thing a coach could do for a player to bring out the best in them.
When i look at Matulino play now, i see someone that wants to cruise for the rest of his NRL career doing just enough to get reasonable coin in the bank. In reality he should be our pack leader, leading from the front like a Bromwich. I couldnt remember whether Matulino had any captaincy roles in the U20s and if so, how had he gone at it.
Yes his form was crap this year, but was that an aberration, was it injury related, or has he just decided to cruise?
Like Phil, I thought Hoffman was the least impressive of our backrowers over the course of the whole season, slightly below Thompson (who had a few clangers) Might be being a bit harsh on him but thats how i saw it.

Anyway like i said, inspired or disaster. Looks like most think it would be a disaster, which is interesting.

Ben doesn't know how to talk to the refs. I give you credit for thinking outside the square though. If we were looking at a change of Captain and lift a player to the next level it would be SJ for me. He's well spoken and media friendly and would excell leading the team around. I know ppl will say he doesn't need the extra pressure being our goal kicker too but I believe he could be similar to Jarrod Croker goal kicking captain. Hoffman will be a better player without c next to his name like Mannering has.

spear tackle

Juniors
Its not a troll post guys. I just wanted to see what sort of feedback there would be.
I didnt give it a lot of thought but it occurred to me that sometimes making a player captain can be the best thing a coach could do for a player to bring out the best in them.
When i look at Matulino play now, i see someone that wants to cruise for the rest of his NRL career doing just enough to get reasonable coin in the bank. In reality he should be our pack leader, leading from the front like a Bromwich. I couldnt remember whether Matulino had any captaincy roles in the U20s and if so, how had he gone at it.
Yes his form was crap this year, but was that an aberration, was it injury related, or has he just decided to cruise?
Like Phil, I thought Hoffman was the least impressive of our backrowers over the course of the whole season, slightly below Thompson (who had a few clangers) Might be being a bit harsh on him but thats how i saw it.

Anyway like i said, inspired or disaster. Looks like most think it would be a disaster, which is interesting.
I'm no expert but I get the impression he is part of the culture problem at the club and does appear to be set on cruise control not unless he has an injury that's not being mentioned.
While making him captian worked in part for Monty Betham I can see it working for Ben, Monty's issues seemed to stem from getting involved in scraps on the field where Bens appear to go beyond that, plus he doesn't have the gift of the gab like Monty does.

Latest posts