What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dufty is Shit

ViceVersa

Juniors
Lol Just blame it on me and forget this thread exists... I love Duff just his cover defence is my only critique. I didn't want to start another thread but wanted to state one thing that bothers me. I wouldn't choose that thread title, you can see I am all praise on other parts of his game and never ever said he should be replaced. Made a big deal over nothing.

getsmarty

Immortal
Lol Just blame it on me and forget this thread exists... I love Duff just his cover defence is my only critique. I didn't want to start another thread but wanted to state one thing that bothers me. I wouldn't choose that thread title, you can see I am all praise on other parts of his game and never ever said he should be replaced. Made a big deal over nothing.

Fair enough..Still no reason for people to volley you with Verbal abuse....Can be discussed in a civil manner....

Last edited:

BennyV

Referee
He had a horror game yesterday. Maybe got a bit over confident after a killer game last week, but defensively he was poor and in attack he was dominated. He’ll improve.

As for complaining about this thread title - just lol!

Drag Queen

Bench
He had a horror game yesterday. Maybe got a bit over confident after a killer game last week, but defensively he was poor and in attack he was dominated. He’ll improve.

Classy....How about making a positive contribution. I am pretty much fed up with the knockers in here....post your own articles from now on...over to you Veggiepatch..you can take up the baton

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
Hit the report button on this post.

Since I've never reported anything I can't help you form there.

NB. to mods. If you're looking for new title ides for this thread, I'd respectfully suggest:

Getsmarty is shit
Or
Frank Facer is shit
Or
The Mildreds have taken over the asylum.
SBD82 is shit would be a more apt title, since you were the one who originally posted the shit titled thread.

Frank Facer

First Grade

I only recall Dufty missing one tackle.

He was responsible for creating the chance that McDonald dropped.

He was tacked simultaneously and dropped the ball as he was running off Simms. I could have quite easily have been tackled without the ball.

I think you are exaggerating, when you say he had a horror game.

BennyV

Referee

He was tacked simultaneously and dropped the ball as he was running off Simms. I could have quite easily have been tackled without the ball.

He was shut down nearly every time he got the ball, including 2 sideways efforts that lost the team 20m+ because the Warriors pushed up on him and he kept trying to run in circles. He got exposed for Luke’s try, and stood up hard for Lino’s try (in the same way that we mocked Moylan for).

Basically, he was well read. The Warriors has seen what his tendencies are and allowed for them, and he couldn’t adapt. He is young, he will learn. But it showed many of the gaps that some of the more cautious of us could see all along.

I’m confident he’ll fill those gaps in time.

possm

Coach
Don't blame Dufty or the players for the loss yesterday. We played the same way that we have been playing all season. Nothing changed except maybe our intensity was a little lower. However, the opposition were ready for our game plan and countered it well. They gave away a lot of penalties but in the end getting up in our face from an offside position did the trick.

All game I was waiting for Mary to send out the message 'stand deep in attack'. The way the Warriors were sprinting up, plenty of holes would have appeared and in my opinion we would have had the time to exploit them.

Our forwards were dominated for the first time this year. Not by a better forward pack but with a better game plan. Because of this our halves couldn't do the job that they've been doing for previous six rounds and both halves seemed to be frustrated as a result..

Agree, he was no worse than the majority of Saints players yesterday.

Am sure he will continue to work on his defence. Its early days for him.

The halves are yet to fully integrate him in the play.

Given his speed they should be kicking short and long with him in mind including directly from the scrum base.

O'Sullivan

Juniors
Possum hit it on the head. Standing deep, the occasional chip kick, forwards punching up the middle and McInness running. All in all Dufty and all our players were rushed, pressured and we didn't change our game plan. Hopefully we learn from this game because the Warriors won't be the last team to use these tactics against us