What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dufty to Fullback/Dugan to Centre

I'll throw my 5 cents worth in.

I liked Quinlan more than most on this forum and cheered him on but to describe Dufty as a 'Quinlan clone' as has been said here already is simply way off the mark.

Dufty has game sense and involvement which Adam did not not have.

Dufty in all the videos I have seen in 20s ( yes granted 20s) displays superior line running, timing and passing. Adam was mainly a clever support runner; Dufty has ability to pick gaps and accelerate sharply. Remember Dufty is a prolific try scorer in 20s I understand more trys than any other 20s game player.

Hope he stays, we just look so sharp and threatening when he chimes in. Lafai had more room this week.

Dufty has played representative footy for NSW

Better judges than Drag Queen rate him

I will take Cooper Cronk's opinion over Drag Queen and Jimmy G every time

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Dream on mate. Similar to the scenario of Quinlan playing FB and Duges Centre. It worked for a couple of games and went kaput. It looks like the same scenario.
June 11 your comment on a previous post of mine.OT do you even follow the Young guns.if you did you would know they are far off the mark FACT .so crawl back wherever you came from as you obviously know f**k all Mrs queen

Drag Queen

Bench
That's because Quinlan is not a first grader, Dufty can be.
Happy to be proved wrong but you are basing this on one game when he had his back completely covered. No doubt he his quick and had a good debut. Pity Mann had a couple of shockers on debut. I'll bite lengths off my tongue when he covers the FB position, catches the high bombs and shows he has a defensive side.

giboz71

First Grade
Adam Quinlan is now playing for Hull KR in English 2nd division at the ripe old age of 24.

If Duffy ends up there after that debut and what's been an outstanding junior career, it would be a pretty spectacular fall.

Somehow doubt that will happen.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I had previoulsy said that Dufty at fullback would add another dimension to our attack. I think he proved me correct after just one game.

Spudd

Juniors
The try he scored.

When is the last time we had someone burn the defence like that with sheer speed? Morris?

Drag Queen

Bench
So according to Mrs drag queen, Matt Dufty is no better than quinlan .Wow you are full of it .
Adam Quinlan is now playing for Hull KR in English 2nd division at the ripe old age of 24.

If Duffy ends up there after that debut and what's been an outstanding junior career, it would be a pretty spectacular fall.

Correct. Tim Sheens picked up Quinny to boost Hull KR back into the SL. Hull KR won the Championship Shield and will be facing off a few SL teams to get them back up there. Maybe you should check out Quinny's highlights to see that he was a pretty good young footy player for St George as a 20-21 year old. Unfortunately he suffered the same fate as Mann. A couple of mistakes and the tide turned. Dufty will make mistakes and I sincerely hope the fans are more forgiving.https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...mVZZx0&usg=AFQjCNH09KA7HjIlcILqHQ-mSYSEnaR-Qw

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Correct. Tim Sheens picked up Quinny to boost Hull KR back into the SL. Hull KR won the Championship Shield and will be facing off a few SL teams to get them back up there. Maybe you should check out Quinny's highlights to see that he was a pretty good young footy player for St George as a 20-21 year old. Unfortunately he suffered the same fate as Mann. A couple of mistakes and the tide turned. Dufty will make mistakes and I sincerely hope the fans are more forgiving.https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjErpi-8qHVAhXKUrwKHQHpDCIQ3ywIKTAA&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghZxRmVZZx0&usg=AFQjCNH09KA7HjIlcILqHQ-mSYSEnaR-Qw

giboz71

First Grade
Correct. Tim Sheens picked up Quinny to boost Hull KR back into the SL. Hull KR won the Championship Shield and will be facing off a few SL teams to get them back up there. Maybe you should check out Quinny's highlights to see that he was a pretty good young footy player for St George as a 20-21 year old. Unfortunately he suffered the same fate as Mann. A couple of mistakes and the tide turned. Dufty will make mistakes and I sincerely hope the fans are more forgiving.https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjErpi-8qHVAhXKUrwKHQHpDCIQ3ywIKTAA&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghZxRmVZZx0&usg=AFQjCNH09KA7HjIlcILqHQ-mSYSEnaR-Qw

I don't recall Adam Quinlan ever having any game like Dufty did on the weekend, let alone a debit game. And Quinlan never had the wraps Dufty did as a junior.

You're right it's only 1 game and it's way too early to declare Dufty our long term fullback. But you can't blame the excitement some of us have given we haven't seen this skill set from FB in a very long time.

And we scored 50 for the first time in 10 years, Bennett didn't even manage it while he was with us.

hazzbeen

Bench
Happy to be proved wrong but you are basing this on one game when he had his back completely covered. No doubt he his quick and had a good debut. Pity Mann had a couple of shockers on debut. I'll bite lengths off my tongue when he covers the FB position, catches the high bombs and shows he has a defensive side.
My biggest concern with Dufty having a good game on the weekend is , he will make mistakes along the way , and it will be hard for him to back up the same performance (But then again he might ) but if he has a few teething problems lets not crucify him . We have seen what he is capable of so lets give him time . Hope Mary does the same ..... IMO I think he is more than capable he has something special about him and that is he plays on instinct which is natural to him , its something that cant be coached . In saying that lets hope Mary does not coach that out of him .......

I don't think there is any comparison to be made between Dufty and Quinlan except for their speed.
Quinlan did not get involved in games as much as he could've.
Maybe it was confidence or respecting the coach's instructions but he was never able to impose himself on games.
Dufty on the other hand goes looking for involvement and seems to be a cool customer under pressure.
I also think his vision and passing game is also significantly better than Quinlan's.
Once again, I don't think there is much of a comparison at all.

Drag Queen

Bench
My biggest concern with Dufty having a good game on the weekend is , he will make mistakes along the way , and it will be hard for him to back up the same performance (But then again he might ) but if he has a few teething problems lets not crucify him . We have seen what he is capable of so lets give him time . Hope Mary does the same ..... IMO I think he is more than capable he has something special about him and that is he plays on instinct which is natural to him , its something that cant be coached . In saying that lets hope Mary does not coach that out of him .......
I was perhaps the only fan that didn't crucify Mann. It shook his confidence to the core. The lynch mob were brutal, and personally I hate that mentality.

giboz71

First Grade
I don't think there is any comparison to be made between Dufty and Quinlan except for their speed.
Quinlan did not get involved in games as much as he could've.
Maybe it was confidence or respecting the coach's instructions but he was never able to impose himself on games.
Dufty on the other hand goes looking for involvement and seems to be a cool customer under pressure.
I also think his vision and passing game is also significantly better than Quinlan's.
Once again, I don't think there is much of a comparison at all.

I agree mate.

I'm not the one making those comparisons. Seems a bit silly if you ask me.

It's like saying Paul Vaughan should be compared to George Rose as they were both reserve grade props unwanted when they got here.

I was perhaps the only fan that didn't crucify Mann. It shook his confidence to the core. The lynch mob were brutal, and personally I hate that mentality.

I think the criticism of Mann came down to the idea that we had a fullback, a good one, in Dugan, so why move him to centre when most people's opinion was he doesn't have the skill set, the passing game, to be a centre.

With Dugan going, and Dufty being so young, I think he will be given more latitude to make mistakes than Mann got.

Drakon

Juniors
I'll throw my 5 cents worth in.

I liked Quinlan more than most on this forum and cheered him on but to describe Dufty as a 'Quinlan clone' as has been said here already is simply way off the mark.

Dufty has game sense and involvement which Adam did not not have.

Dufty in all the videos I have seen in 20s ( yes granted 20s) displays superior line running, timing and passing. Adam was mainly a clever support runner; Dufty has ability to pick gaps and accelerate sharply. Remember Dufty is a prolific try scorer in 20s I understand more trys than any other 20s game player.

Hope he stays, we just look so sharp and threatening when he chimes in. Lafai had more room this week.
I too like Quinlan and can't understand why people give hime a raw deal. He has ability and knows the value of backing up. Always plays with heart.

Dufty has that something extra though. Can't wait to see him in some free space.