What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan contract to Fifita

St Georgio

Juniors
I was thinking last night, that the Dragons should offer the Beast of a player 750k over 3 years?

possm

Coach
Contracts mean shit these days money talks bullshit walks!
What if Fifita's manager came to Millward and said; 'we have an out clause in our contract .........' are you interested in picking up Fifita for 2018?

MilanDragon

Juniors
What if Fifita's manager came to Millward and said; 'we have an out clause in our contract .........' are you interested in picking up Fifita for 2018?

So if we don't sign Fifita will that be Millwards fault? Even if he doesn't have an 'out' clause or may not even want to leave the sharks?

Lastnight Fifita was amazing, he is rocks and diamonds though. All of a sudden we (fans) want Fifita and I think he could be brutal for us too but the reality is im pretty sure he does still have a contract, sharks have no reason to let him go early and hell he might not even want to leave the Sharks.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Contracts mean shit these days money talks bullshit walks!

Yes, there is merit to that argument, but legally we are not allowed to approach players under contract. Do you really think Fifita and his manager are trying to pull out of Cronulla with two years left on his contract?
He's a marquee player, he's being well looked after there. There's no point throwing his name out there with no sign of him wanting to leave.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Why would Fifita have a get out clause in his contract, and even if he did, why would he suddenly want to leave?

This place gets far too speculative sometimes, we have to work with facts. Creating rumours is pointless.

St Georgio

Juniors
So if we don't sign Fifita will that be Millwards fault? Even if he doesn't have an 'out' clause or may not even want to leave the sharks?

Lastnight Fifita was amazing, he is rocks and diamonds though. All of a sudden we (fans) want Fifita and I think he could be brutal for us too but the reality is im pretty sure he does still have a contract, sharks have no reason to let him go early and hell he might not even want to leave the Sharks.
The guy is more diamonds than rocks, he was fantastic in the GF last year and great last night, he is a big event player !

St Georgio

Juniors
Last edited:

possm

Coach
Why would Fifita have a get out clause in his contract, and even if he did, why would he suddenly want to leave?

This place gets far too speculative sometimes, we have to work with facts. Creating rumours is pointless.

There could be a multiple number of reasons and I'll give you a few possibles:

1. Drugs - after past issues, Fifita's manager could have insisted on a clause relating to drug use at the club.
  2. Salary - Fifita's manager could have insited of an automatic pay rise if the cap goes up. Maybe the Sharks are not in a position to honour this clause.
  3. Options - the two years left on his contract may be an option in Fifita's favour.

There are many clauses that could be in the contract and that we are not aware of. I agree it is a very big long shot however, it cannot be ruled out until Fifita's manager has ruled it out or until Millward announces who this marquee player to replace either Dugan or Packer is.

Last edited:

MilanDragon

Juniors
No one except that one rumour yesterday said there is a marquee player to replace Dugan or Packer.

Reality is we could be using our juniors to replace them!

St Georgio

Juniors
There could be a multiple number of reasons and I'll give you a few possibles:
  1. Drugs - after past issues, Fifita's manager could have insisted on a clause relating to drug use at the club.
  2. Slary - Fifita's manager could have insited of an automatic pay rise if the cap goes up.
  3. Options - the two years left on his contract may be an option in Fifita's favour.

There are many clauses that could be in the contract and that we are not aware of. I agree it is a very big long shot however, it cannot be ruled out until Fifita's manager has ruled it our or until Millward announces who this marquee player to replace either Dugan or Packer is.
Thank f**k with some constructive opinion!

BringTheNoise

Juniors
On last nights performance alone Fifita could become the most expensive forward in the game. He would have to be one of the most dynamic front rowers of all time. How many props can lay claim to being genuine game breakers?

I wouldn't be surprised if his manager is looking for close to $1 million a season next time he comes off contract.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Pie in the sky shit!! As if we could beat the Dogs, Chooks and Broncos in any deal to attract the number 1 prop in the game whilst he still remains under contract to the Premiers. I think you are giving Millward far too much credit!!!

Latest posts