What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan / Fergurson Combo

mickeylane

Bench
It's obvious our right side defence / attack is in trouble and trying to find a solution at least for 2018 is proving difficult.

Is there any potential in the Dragons considering the Australian combination of Dugan and Fergurson?

Fergurson is off contract and a worth while acquisition for the right $$ ($400k) - outside Widdop and Hunt w Lafai and McDonald on the left side and Mann at FB linking up u would imagine this would solve all our backline problems..

I think serious consideration should b given to this option IMO,.

Would like to hear any else's thoughts...

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Mickey, you're a grea bloke and i'm sure everyone values your footy knowledge in this place, but mate, you HAVE TO stop this amount of speculation. I understand posting rumours that have been circulating or articles about player movements, but you have been notorious for posting things that just aren't going to happen.

If we barely have the money for Dugan, how do you expect us to have the money for Dugan AND Ferguson, whilst keeping Lafai and Mann as well. Think about this logistically.
It's a nice idea, Fergo would be a great acquisition, but it will just never happen. Let's focus on realities rather than fantasies.

thebigredv

First Grade
Mickey, you're a grea bloke and i'm sure everyone values your footy knowledge in this place, but mate, you HAVE TO stop this amount of speculation. I understand posting rumours that have been circulating or articles about player movements, but you have been notorious for posting things that just aren't going to happen.

Well they were both seen together at Allianz Stadium on Tuesday so maybe he's right! OMG Fergo we welcome you!

mickeylane

Bench
I'm no

If we barely have the money for Dugan, how do you expect us to have the money for Dugan AND Ferguson, whilst keeping Lafai and Mann as well. Think about this logistically.
It's a nice idea, Fergo would be a great acquisition, but it will just never happen. Let's focus on realities rather than fantasies.
Im not starting a rumour Im asking an opinion if Dugan and Fergurson could form partnership on the right hand side of our attack!!

Rocket Rod

Juniors
We have a decent and I'm sure quite cheap enough player in Kurt Mann.
When Widdop returns the backline has to be shuffled in order to accommodate Mann.
He has speed which we need and footwork.
He showed all of that yesterday in a beaten ( helped by the hopeless refs) team!!
Forget Ferguson and keep Mann as he will develop into a star.

hazzbeen

Bench
We have a decent and I'm sure quite cheap enough player in Kurt Mann.
When Widdop returns the backline has to be shuffled in order to accommodate Mann.
He has speed which we need and footwork.
He showed all of that yesterday in a beaten ( helped by the hopeless refs) team!!
Forget Ferguson and keep Mann as he will develop into a star.
I hope our staff are not stupid enough to loose him ( Mann ) .

Life's Good

Coach
It's obvious our right side defence / attack is in trouble and trying to find a solution at least for 2018 is proving difficult.

Is there any potential in the Dragons considering the Australian combination of Dugan and Fergurson?

Fergurson is off contract and a worth while acquisition for the right $$ ($400k) - outside Widdop and Hunt w Lafai and McDonald on the left side and Mann at FB linking up u would imagine this would solve all our backline problems..

I think serious consideration should b given to this option IMO,.

Would like to hear any else's thoughts...

mickeylane taking the mickey. A massive no from me. Plenty of players on our books deserving of a chance. How about you choose him in your fantasy team??

denis preston

First Grade
And I agree it would be fantastic, but it will never happen. Besides, why go for Fergo when you could keep Mann at a fraction of the cost who could develop into a player of Fergo's calibre.

Tom, the problem with some of the forumites is they don't understand what is required to manage the cap. "keep him at whatever money he wants " , " must not lose him " " let him retire when he wants to " etc doesn't cut it. It is money ball .Dugan has a price but the club has one as well and must stick to this or lose Mann,Packer & Lafai . If it was Cam Smith or Thurston yes throw the sink at them but there is only 5 or 6 players that you would do this for.

Minh

First Grade
Mann is the Man we must focus to re-sign, he's a talented and smart footy player....

Gareth67

First Grade
The Big Red V -

I believe that they were admiring the rooftops .

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Can we also have a Possm / Milward stand alone thread as well ?
Hey Denis, how about showing a bit of respect for your fellow members. I myself enjoy reading diverse ideas and enjoy the ideas even better when they are backed up with a little logic.

The Doc

Juniors
Id rather see Milne given a shot before we go looking for expensive centres from other clubs.
We have Milne and Mann that im sure can both add spark if given a run.
Id love to see Duges stay at FB, Milne and Nene on one side... and Lafai and Mann on the other side.
Add Widdop and Hunt and we have an all out attacking backline.
Just my 2 cents worth.

possm

Coach
Id rather see Milne given a shot before we go looking for expensive centres from other clubs.
Id love to see Duges stay at FB, Milne and Nene on one side... and Lafai and Mann on the other side.
Just my 2 cents worth.
That is IF there is enough cap there to do this and sign Packer. My guess is that there is not. If so:
Mann
Flo
Milne
Lafai
Macdonald
Widdop
Hunt

Would work with enough cap to sign Packer.

Lewish33

Juniors
Just my 2 cents worth.
There'd be some points in that spine. Thing is, we could have it now with the exception of Hunt.

Latest posts