What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DUGAN NEXT

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Please don't read into anything that 5th Tackle post. They are a pathetic excuse of a media outlet. They just sniff around for rumours that other people post and write an article on it, claiming it as their own.
In fact i've seen people post rumours on facebook and their article is literally word for word from what that person has said.

Exactly TRVR, not even 1% reliable, just rumour based outlet

Gareth67

First Grade
Apparently has signed with the bulldogs for 900k a season lol .. anyway I don't believe it but for f@&ks sake isn't the bulldogs moto born and bred ?? They should finish off by saying "born and bred at the dragons then bought by us "

Not doubting your source SaintHarry , but it does seem somewhat unusual that an actual $ amount was mentioned , as the Bulldogs never disclose that information .

There are too many TPA's involved in their contracts , plus I thought that Des would had spent any spare cash on a younger player such as Dane Gagai .

Still , some of the skullduggery that , that mob get up to , nothing would surprise me .

blacksafake

First Grade
If he's gone it's very disappointing. As for a replacement well there is no one available in the same league as him.If they go anywhere near Hayne they'll lose me.Its taken years to get a half, let's hope we don't take as long to find a quality replacement fullback.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
If he goes he goes, he's received a fair offer from us so if he wants get a few extra dollars thats his call I guess.
Leaves us with a small cash cow to reset. Not till next year if he leaves and he will still play a big part in this years campaign.
No worries if we keep performing at the level that we have it won't be hard to find a suitable replacement especially with a quality half coming.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
But seriously though, let's have a discussion about this. If Dugan leaves, who replaces him?

Do we look for a centre replacement in anticipation of Dugan switching to centre next year?
Do we look for a straight up Fullback replacement?

Ace-STi

Juniors
This is smoke and mirrors I think there is more to his than we know! Vaughan extends and has a back ended contract to accommodate more $$$ now!

No way in hell dragons would do this unless it meant freeing up money to sign or re sign someone

VodkaSaint

Juniors
18119551_10158643547985154_2273781352157460418_n.jpg

Attachments

• 13921190_1061482197222986_2407514959887406979_n.jpg
    13921190_1061482197222986_2407514959887406979_n.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 17
Duges is entitled to ask what he feels he is worth

Bulldogs and Tigpies need a full back.

Hayne and Duges are both available. Too early for the young guns to take the number 1 jersey.

Mann may yet get to play full back for STGI.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
But seriously though, let's have a discussion about this. If Dugan leaves, who replaces him?

Do we look for a centre replacement in anticipation of Dugan switching to centre next year?
Do we look for a straight up Fullback replacement?
I believe if he decides to leave there is no point to panic. As I previously said, just reset, re-evaluate the roster with the young talent we have available within our ranks, see how they progress and make a rational decision after that whether we go after another fb or centre or forward.
There is still a long year ahead and top players have a habit of coming on the market out of the blue.
Handy if we're cashed up!

Latest posts