What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DUGAN NEXT

possm

Coach
lol wow another baseless assumption you are on a roll.

He is the recruiting manager and his job is to keep the best players, recruit outside one's and keep the best juniors while balancing a salary cap.
Millward - Dugan's offer - we see him as a centre 700k.
Mary - While I'm coach Dugan will be our fullback.
Millward - Field is our fullback for 2018.

Not exact quotes but close to what was said in the media.

trudge

Bench
I believe that we should sign Packer now. He is part of the strongest forward pack that we have had for years. In 1967 we let Kevin Ryan go and he won a premiership for Canterbury. We must have a strong
forward pack and if we keep the current crop for 3-4 years we will be
competitive unlike the last 5 years. While our young forwards are promising they are not yet battle hardened like our starting pack and Ah Mau and Sims.
Ryan didn't win a premiership, but helped Canterbury end our 11 year run in the Prelim.

Souths pipped Canterbury 12-10 in the GF.

watatank

Coach
We haven't found a viable fb option yet? We haven't even tried anyone else bar Nighty as a stop gap. I don't get it at all, they want Digan to play centre but refuse to blood anyone at all to replace him. I do not get it, sorry.
We have a coach off contract and is going to look at short term and will take few risks. Millward is looking at a more long term approach. Short term dugan is best option but long term we will be going in another direction and try find other options that have a more rounded game. It could affect whether the coach and dugan stays on but will have to see how what happens over next couple of years

possm

Coach
Dugan and Widdop going for long term security at the best possible price.
Hayne willing to back himself over a short term contract hoping to ride on the rising cap each year.

We need a short term marquee fullback to fill the fullback position until one of our young guns are ready for first grade - I'd say in one or two seasons time. Hayne is that player if we can get him.

I think it best to try hard now to get Hayne and if successful, offer the Titans a swap deal for 2017/18. Dugan for Hayne.

blacksafake

First Grade
Dugan and Widdop going for long term security at the best possible price.
Hayne willing to back himself over a short term contract hoping to ride on the rising cap each year.

We need a short term marquee fullback to fill the fullback position until one of our young guns are ready for first grade - I'd say in one or two seasons time. Hayne is that player if we can get him.

I think it best to try hard now to get Hayne and if successful, offer the Titans a swap deal for 2017/18. Dugan for Hayne.
Forget Hayne Possm, He's not what we need.

possm

Coach
Hayne is reported to be on 1.2 million in 2018. Is he worth it. NO
Yes and Hoppa was reported at the time to be on 800k. Now we find he is on 150k cap and the rest TPA. Tedesco was reported to be offered 1.2m to go to the Roosters but we find his contract price is 700k.............

It has been reported that a long time Dragons supporter has given Hayne a TPA to sign with the Titans and so I assume that the 1.2m you mention includes the TPA.

Last edited:

SEAT 1A

Bench
Let's hope the chinks they're sorting out are done quickly one way or another. I'm guessing the money's sorted but dugan wants more than 3 years given his age and that Widdop got 4 years.

I hope the contract has been sorted ALSGI. The only chinks, well said by Duges is money and duration of the contract.