What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DUGAN TO BE ANNOUNCED A SHARK THIS FRIDAY!

getsmarty

Immortal
If that's true, why doesn't the club tell the fans this. They may not attack the guy. Or is Millward concerned he would be attacked?

Millers, I think you will find that they are negotiating with a number of new players and will hopefully announce a replacement soon. Millward has been pretty transparent in the recruitment updates...If you listen to the last one (maybe a week ago) he hints that dugan may not stay due to the sharks offer if I remember correctly. Anyway, I do recall after listening to the update thinking that he was gone.

possm

Coach
If that's true, why doesn't the club tell the fans this. They may not attack the guy. Or is Millward concerned he would be attacked?
There is lot's that the Club does not tell us. More transparency from our Club and the NRL would go a long way to keep things honest.
Players contract details
Salary cap statements
Millward's whiteboard
Coach's game plan after the game

I could go on but I won't. Maybe you can add to the list.

MilanDragon

Juniors
Right on the money. Millward should have had a plan B which included two good replacements ready to go.

I would imagine that his dream of Field at fullback and an internal replacement for Packer has been strongly resisted by the coaching staff and now the panic to find replacements.

Maybe there was two good replacements to go but they might not be through a cooling off period.

Much like last season when Rein left we had Mccinnes to go

Millers, I think you will find that they are negotiating with a number of new players and will hopefully announce a replacement soon. Millward has been pretty transparent in the recruitment updates...If you listen to the last one (maybe a week ago) he hints that dugan may not stay due to the sharks offer if I remember correctly. Anyway, I do recall after listening to the update thinking that he was gone.
Cheers Smarty. I certainly hope they come up with a couple quality signings so the supporters get some good news sooner rather than later

1st & 10

Juniors
If I had my way , I would tar and feather him and his bluudy manager for prolonging the negotiations for so long . " I would like this to be sorted out before the beginning of the season " .

Well Duges puss- off to the sharks and take your bluudy tatts with you .

The company over there may be better suited to you , and by the way , don't go climbing anymore roofs , as the Joint Venture won't be there to catch you this time .

Well said my friend . The tattooed one spends more time on the sideline anyway, so he can climb as many roof tops as he likes.

Saints were there for MIN number packer and him when they at their most desperate times, and this is how they repay Saints lifelines

getsmarty

Immortal
Well said my friend . The tattooed one spends more time on the sideline anyway, so he can climb as many roof tops as he likes.

Saints were there for MIN number packer and him when they at their most desperate times, and this is how they repay Saints lifelines

With all due respects the game is a business. Yes the club did look after these guys but the club also decided not to pay the money/years others were offering.

Last edited:

SaintPauli

Juniors
Contrary to Dragons recruitment so called strategies I like to know
how the Roosters always poach whoever they want and when they want and to top it off NEVER mention the actual sum offered! E.g. a recent signing of Tedesco nine news reported Tedesco signed for a multi million doller deal but not actual per season figure like all other clubs do. Players never get poached from the Roosters, The Roosters only lay players off.

If we had the same strategy perhaps Duges and Packer would still be with us.

monsterkev

Juniors
I would imagine they have replacements in the pipeline
They have already tabled an offer to walker
Maybe walker to 5/8 Widdop to fullback

Gareth67

First Grade
It seems that our off-season's rumours and signings is continuing well into the actual footy season itself . I don't know about the rest of you gents , but to me there is something fundamentally wrong with the NRL set-up , to allow all of this uncertainty and confusion to continue at this point in time .

Should the Dragons make the semi's this year ( which I believe they will ) they should be given a Gold Medal for over coming all of the obstacles that have been placed in our way.

I say that , as in past years ( decades ) all teams concentrated on winning their matches , once the Premiership had begun . They did not have to contend with the speculation of mid-season signings . Quite simply , imo , what has occurred throughout the course of this year , not only to the Dragons , but to other teams , is damn disgusting .

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
i can't see Widdop being shifted to fullback. I think if we bought Walker, the idea would be to play him fullback. I think he would go pretty well there for us too.

I am warming to the idea of Field at fullback for us more and more. Dufty is going well in reserves and Masters is going very well in the 20's. I think/hope that one of the above 3 will be our future fullback.

giboz71

First Grade
It seems that our off-season's rumours and signings is continuing well into the actual footy season itself . I don't know about the rest of you gents , but to me there is something fundamentally wrong with the NRL set-up , to allow all of this uncertainty and confusion to continue at this point in time .

Should the Dragons make the semi's this year ( which I believe they will ) they should be given a Gold Medal for over coming all of the obstacles that have been placed in our way.

I say that , as in past years ( decades ) all teams concentrated on winning their matches , once the Premiership had begun . They did not have to contend with the speculation of mid-season signings . Quite simply , imo , what has occurred throughout the course of this year , not only to the Dragons , but to other teams , is damn disgusting .

I agree with you mate.

And if I was a cynical person, I'd almost bet that this uncertainty related to player movements is deliberately perpetuated by New Limited to ensure they fill their newspapers and Fox programs with news and gossip. It's all we ever seem to be talking about and it sells papers and makes us watch Fox.

I doubt they will change anything to be honest.

Last edited:

SaintPauli

Juniors

spot on. This mid season change of players from club to club is an insane disruption which will kill the game as players recruitment coaches and ultimately fans will loose respect for each other. This will damage the game e.g. The Tigpies are already there!

possm

Coach
Introducing a transfer fee based on the average salary of a player's contract would go some way towards slowing down the movement of players. Gaining clubs would have to pay losing clubs out of their salary cap the average salary of the contract.

I understand that in the past there have been some legal issues with this idea however, the ESL have a transfer fee and I'm sure if the legal work was put in, the NRL could also have a transfer fee.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Think you'll find that RTS was poached, in hindsight they're probably happy about it
Contrary to Dragons recruitment so called strategies I like to know
how the Roosters always poach whoever they want and when they want and to top it off NEVER mention the actual sum offered! E.g. a recent signing of Tedesco nine news reported Tedesco signed for a multi million doller deal but not actual per season figure like all other clubs do. Players never get poached from the Roosters, The Roosters only lay players off.

If we had the same strategy perhaps Duges and Packer would still be with us.