What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DUGAN TO BE ANNOUNCED A SHARK THIS FRIDAY!

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Contrary to Dragons recruitment so called strategies I like to know
how the Roosters always poach whoever they want and when they want and to top it off NEVER mention the actual sum offered! E.g. a recent signing of Tedesco nine news reported Tedesco signed for a multi million doller deal but not actual per season figure like all other clubs do. Players never get poached from the Roosters, The Roosters only lay players off.

If we had the same strategy perhaps Duges and Packer would still be with us.

Very true.
It grates my buttcheeks that no one from the NRL ever asks questions about how the Rorters can afford a particular player once contracts are done?

A statement from the NRL confirming that they have x amount cap left would be nice, so that next time a big name player comes on the market, they can be questioned how they can afford it.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Introducing a transfer fee based on the average salary of a player's contract would go some way towards slowing down the movement of players. Gaining clubs would have to pay losing clubs out of their salary cap the average salary of the contract.

I understand that in the past there have been some legal issues with this idea however, the ESL have a transfer fee and I'm sure if the legal work was put in, the NRL could also have a transfer fee.
The NRL can easily afford a full time administration department to look and audit and scrutinize ALL nrl players contracts. I also believe all clubs should have lower grade caps as well because rich clubs eg Rorters BUY all the best juniors they require.

Banjo2014

Juniors
I am going to get well and truly bagged here - but release Josh now before the State of Origin series - he is a bit weary and injury prone - wish him all the very very best - we've played the Sharkies twice this year so what is the point, he cant hurt us during the year

ALSGI

Bench
I am going to get well and truly bagged here - but release Josh now before the State of Origin series - he is a bit weary and injury prone - wish him all the very very best - we've played the Sharkies twice this year so what is the point, he cant hurt us during the year
Except in the Finals.

1st & 10

Juniors
Yeah, this is a lie.

A current Kangaroo and one of our top 3 players for the last 4 seasons is leaving. Yay!

A lie? Are you saying he is not injury prone?

You can be Dally Messenger, however if your not consistently on the field, it negates that "greatness"

Please feel free to disagree with me. That's what's it's all about. However calling someone a lier implies malice. Not classy mate

grouch

First Grade
A lie? Are you saying he is not injury prone?

You can be Dally Messenger, however if your not consistently on the field, it negates that "greatness"

Please feel free to disagree with me. That's what's it's all about. However calling someone a lier implies malice. Not classy mate
You didn't say he was injury prone - you said he spends more time on the sideline than on the field, which is a lie

2014 - 18 games for us, plus 2 for NSW
2015 - 22 games for us, 3 for NSW, 1 for Australia
2016 - 17 games for us, 1 for NSW, 5 for Australia

It is very rare for players to go through a season, much less a career, without injury, but that's a pretty decent appearance rate for any player right there. Why post such clear falsehoods if it isn't malicious?

Carlton

Juniors
You didn't say he was injury prone - you said he spends more time on the sideline than on the field, which is a lie

2014 - 18 games for us, plus 2 for NSW
2015 - 22 games for us, 3 for NSW, 1 for Australia
2016 - 17 games for us, 1 for NSW, 5 for Australia

It is very rare for players to go through a season, much less a career, without injury, but that's a pretty decent appearance rate for any player right there. Why post such clear falsehoods if it isn't malicious?

Over the same time period I think that a number of other top flight fullbacks would struggle to have played that many games eg. Stewart, Slater, Tedesco, Moylan, Cootes, Inglis. And Dugan's number of games does not include finals because the team didn't make them (except for one).

grouch

First Grade
Yep. If you're going to throw a little tanty about him leaving you'd be better off saying something about his dumb tattoos

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Millward just stuffed up and he would be aware of what has happened and will be trying to level things out somehow.I agree Dugan at the asking price was a NO GO>

Frank Facer

First Grade
I too have considered the idea, mainly because I would want to be building towards next season. I want to see how Field and or Dufty go at fullback this year. I also want us to keep Lafai and Milne as our centres for next year. That is why I would not mind letting Dugan go now. I also would like to see either Herbert, Garrick or Lomax given a run at centre or wing if we have an injury to one of Lafai, Milne, Nightingale or McDonald.

I think if we could just sign one good prop to replace Packer then we would be in a strong position leading into 2017, as long as we know that either Field or Dufty are our future fullback. I know that Cody Walker is being mentioned. He would go very well, but I am more interested to see how Field or Dufty go.

Frank Facer

First Grade
how the Roosters always poach whoever they want and when they want and to top it off NEVER mention the actual sum offered! E.g. a recent signing of Tedesco nine news reported Tedesco signed for a multi million doller deal but not actual per season figure like all other clubs do. Players never get poached from the Roosters, The Roosters only lay players off.

Great post. I agree with every bit of it. Anyone who missed it should read it.

FlameThrower

Bench

Because the Roosters have one of the most powerful and influential Chairman in Uncle Nick. He runs the Club like a kingdom and has links to corporate and media power brokers. Just watch Ch9 sports news on any general story on the Roosters -
TPA with its smoke and mirrors is the root cause of most of this fiasco.

Gareth67

First Grade
Because the Roosters have one of the most powerful and influential Chairman in Uncle Nick. He runs the Club like a kingdom and has links to corporate and media power brokers. Just watch Ch9 sports news on any general story on the Roosters -

Yes the TPA system , as it is now , is a cancer on the game that we have followed and loved for so many years . It has been said before , however , more clarity is required with the TPA's .
As you have said Flame Thrower , there is a lot of smoke and mirrors involved in these dealings ,but unfortunately no actual fire nor reflection .

The shame of it all , imo , is that a few select clubs who have people in the right places , wether that be in the NSWRL hierarchy or in the corporate world , basically have a stranglehold on the game . Something that they shall not relinquish until , either the TPA system itself is removed entirely from all player contracts . Or until there is a firm hand at the helm of the NRL itself , who shall investigate any and all discrepancies that may arise , without fear or favour.

Should teams be found guilty of salary-cap breaches , they must first unload the actual player or players that created the breach in the first place , not 2nd tier players as one particular club did recently .
Until that occurs the gap shall continue to widen , between the ' privileged ' clubs and those whom are not .

Last edited:

SaintPauli

Juniors
Spot on FlameThrower channel 9 sure do favour the Rorters. It makes me cringe to see them succeed. How they have treated Latrell Mitchel the past month says a lot about their culture NOT! Come to the Dragons Latrell, the place will suit you much better !

Latest posts