What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DUGAN TO BE ANNOUNCED A SHARK THIS FRIDAY!

OzDragon

Coach
How about we leave the lashing until (if) he's officially signs?

1 player a team does not make.

possm

Coach
Sorry Possm but I can't see Hayne having a Dragons Dream....I feel he dreams in Dollars only. If Millward won't stretch the purse strings for either Dugan or Packer, how the hell could he fit Mr Dreamtime & his huge ego into the mix!
He dreams of a grand final win, With Hayne on board in 2018 and 2019 and possibly a new coach, we have every chance of wining the GF.

We were offering Dugan 850k and Packer 600k, that's 1.4m. We can get Hayne for 1m plus he already has a 200k TPA provided by a life long Dragons supporter.

So it is possible, and if he could pull it off, Millward would claw back some respect from Dragon fans and supporters.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Plenty of us not real excited about the prospect of Duges in a Sharks jumper but it is what it is I guess. Hearing very similar offer to you guys under the cap. Someone needs to let Dousty understand that third party agreements are more than a carton of crownies from the brewery these days!
At first I thought it was a Saints fan saying "Plenty of us not real excited about the prospect of Duges in a Sharks jumper", then I realised that it was a Cronulla fan and I started laughing.

borat

Bench
Just been told that he will be announced a shark this Friday morning!!

Pretty poor form the day of our match!
Duffy FFS step up son!! man up and show us that you can replace the great man!

Graeme Hughes is the source I imagine.......wonder if he is still in the 60 day cooling off period at the dogs

Gareth67

First Grade
Look it is business. Dugan and his manager are after the best deal thay can get. Inept Millward was played and unfortunately, lost the fight for Dugan's signature.

Save a bit of face by withdrawing the offer now and sign Hayne for two years. Dugan will then be yesterdays man as far as Dragons supporters are concerned.

I do understand what you are saying Possum . However , I am so annoyed that a simple - " no thanks , I shall look elsewhere " was not forthcoming from him sooner , at least we could had continued on with other signings . More so when Recruitment had players waiting . I believe that if he , Dugan , had the common decency to give a positive yay or nay early on , then big Russ would not had been lost to the Dragons .

I realise that there are countless variables involved in the negotiation process , but to me personally , it could had been handled much better , by all concerned.
Mr. Dugan and his agent always had their eyes on the magic $1 mil. make no mistake about that . If Ben Hunt is worth that amount , then so am I , that would had been their line of approach to Recruitment .

Personally , I applaud Millward for not giving that outrageous amount to him . As said by a few others , Duges simply is not worth that at this stage of his career , he is not a club stalwart such as Jason Nightingale but a decent player that has of late been plagued by injuries , although he does possess a huge heart , but in short it's not worth that million dollar figure that I mentioned earlier .

Should Dill Rothschild be correct with his story , I will wish Duges the best of luck , and thank him for some great memories .

Last edited:

possm

Coach
I do understand what you are saying Possum . However , I am so annoyed that a simple - " no thanks , I shall look elsewhere " was not forthcoming from him sooner , at least we could continue on with other signings . More so when Recruitment had other players waiting . I believe that if he , Dugan , had the common decency to give a positive yay or nay early on , then big Russ would not had been lost to the Dragons .

I realise that there are countless variables involved in the negotiation process , but to me personally , it could had been handled much better , by all concerned.
Mr. Dugan and his agent always had their eyes on the magic $1 mil. make no mistake about that . If Ben Hunt is worth that amount , then so am I , that would had been their line of approach to Recruitment .

Personally , I applaud Millard for not giving that outrageous amount to him . As said by a few others , Duges simply is not worth that at this stage of his career , he is not a club stalwart such as Jason Nightingale but a decent player that has of late been plagued by injuries , although has a huge heart , but in short it's not worth that million dollar figure that I mentioned earlier .

Should Dill Rothschild be correct with his story , I will wish Duges the best of luck , and thank him for some great memories .
It should never have got out that Hunt signed for 1m. And if as Millward says, the deal was much less than 1m, he should have said it was substantially less or some other generic term to describe the deal. The mention of this 1m deal for Hunt is what got Widdop and Dugan on the march for a million dollar deal.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Millward must be a lot more assertive with his players and players managers negotiations and time frames because the fact that negotiations with Dugan have been going since last NOVERMBER!
Man, how many opportunities have we lost !
1. Tedesco 2.Gagai 3. Jack Bird STUFF UPS AND MONUMENTAL LESSONS HERE.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
That's a pretty dog move, especially after all we've given him. But that price tag is wayyyy too over the top. He's asking for JT money, which he hasn't got an 1000th of the skill of. It's true, Loyalty isn't in our game anymore.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Only an opinion but it's likely that the Dugan circus potentially cost you the signature of big Russ. Same almost happened to us when Bird was delaying his decision which prevented us from signing Chad Townsend. If you'd have known Dugan was going elsewhere you surely would have found an extra 100k per year for Packer......While I understand it's in their interest to get the best deal possible -these two have been particularly precious and it can and does have an impact on other signings,

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
That's a pretty dog move, especially after all we've given him. But that price tag is wayyyy too over the top. He's asking for JT money, which he hasn't got an 1000th of the skill of. It's true, Loyalty isn't in our game anymore.

KW, I don't such an issue with Dugan going as compared to Packer.
Sure, we took Dugan in when he was 'blowing cruziers' off the rooftop but to me, the way Packer treated us was piss poor.
Without sounding like sour grapes. fact is, Dugan is an ongoing injury concern which won't get any better as time goes on.................... he can tackle though.

Latest posts