What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan/Widdop/Marshall/Farrah Spine??

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
No thanks, don't need another quick sugar fix player purchase like Marshall.

We need the money to buy a centre or halfback.

mickeylane

Bench
No thanks, don't need another quick sugar fix player purchase like Marshall.

We need the money to buy a centre or halfback.
And you don't think a hooker that plays 80 min and the current SOO hooker 2nd best hooker in the world is not needed at our club?

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
And you don't think a hooker that plays 80 min and the current SOO hooker 2nd best hooker in the world is not needed at our club?

No, he is not needed. It would be a disaster, Farrah and Marshall together again.....they both still think it's 2005!!! You think Marshall's stupid no look passes over the sideline are bad? Wait til you see Farrah's stupid short kicks on the first tackle.

Need to ask yourself, are we a genuine chance of really winning a premiership within the next 2 seasons? Probably not. And if that's the case, buying a 31 year old hooker and partnering him up with a 30 year old halfback is counter productive. We need to build a team that can be competitive for the next 4-5 years.

watatank

Coach
Talk about all or nothing. I'd probably have to go with no, I would like to think the club wants to build a squad over time. That said, Farah is the type of player we could really use.

SBD82

Coach
Farah is toxic to a playing group. The last thing our club needs.

It would absolutely break my heart to see that whiny merkin in a red v.

Spud 13

Juniors
Are you serious!??!?

Farah is the last thing we want. Overrated and not a good team member looking at whats going on...

J Taylor has woken up too it, and look at all the trouble he caused at the club last year.

PLEASE NO!

Country Dragon

Juniors
Are you serious!??!?

Farah is the last thing we want. Overrated and not a good team member looking at whats going on...

J Taylor has woken up too it, and look at all the trouble he caused at the club last year.

PLEASE NO!

Taylor and Farah are two of a kind, mind you if Tigers are paying for most of his salary could be ok for two years.maybe!

Lethal25

Juniors
Reportedly his contract is around the 1 mill mark for the next two seasons. I can't see how the Tigers would pay more than 500k of that if they're trying to reduce salary cap issues. They still need to pay a player in the 25 to play hooker, in such an important position it's a minimum 250k in my mind. Saving only 250k from the salary cap

BennyV

Referee
Hell, if we offloaded Rein I'd gladly take Farah for around the $500k mark for 2 years...thats a big jump in quality for a very small jump in price, gives us actual creativity, leadership and game management from dummy half, allows us to find, mentor and lock up a long term hooker and takes pressure off Widdop and Marshall to make everything happen. Away from the Tigpies and under Mary, Farah wont be able to run the show either.

grouch

First Grade
I agree with you completely BennyV. The only thing that is making me reticent about signing Farah is State of Origin. He plays long minutes in a physical, taxing position in a long, grueling series. It takes a lot of his focus and harms his efforts for his club. In fact it's no surprise that his best seasons for the Tigers occurred either before his Origin debut, or when Ennis got the nod ahead of him (2005 premiership, 2010 prelim final, 2011 2nd week of finals). If we could convince him to retire from origin he'd be a superb buy

nrlnrl

First Grade
So would 14 of the other 15 clubs.

No Way. I assume you're referring to the Storm being the only one that wouldn't. Most of the other clubs have very good number 9's & wouldn't want to invest $300k on a 32 year-old player with who misses quite a few games due to injuries & SOO.