What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Wasn't this reported several weeks ago by Ch7?
If so then Weidler is just scratching for something "shocking" to report. I'm not saying its not true but seems a little water has gone under the bridge since then.
Also, wasn't the offer that was reported around 750-850k? If so have we reduced the offer even more?

mickeylane

Bench
Reality is that DUGAN is only worth the $650k a year no more.

I think u let go of DUGAN along w WIDDOP and free up another $1.3M and u go for a Jack Bird or even throw a $900k at Moses for the 5/8 role just to ensure u have a world class 7,6 combination as I'm certain that Dufty or Mann or Field are adequate replacements at Fullback and funnily enough all 3 can play in the halves!!

the way the modern game is being played where the fullback is a ball player the above players are more suited than DUGAN to the ball playing fullback.. Love DUGAN to death but he just doesn't do enough for us in attack like these Fullbacks do for their respective clubs Hayne, Brett Stuart, Tedesco, TuiVasa Sheck, Slater, Barber..

John moz

Juniors
Reality is that DUGAN is only worth the $650k a year no more.

I think u let go of DUGAN along w WIDDOP and free up another $1.3M and u go for a Jack Bird or even throw a $900k at Moses for the 5/8 role just to ensure u have a world class 7,6 combination as I'm certain that Dufty or Mann or Field are adequate replacements at Fullback and funnily enough all 3 can play in the halves!!

the way the modern game is being played where the fullback is a ball player the above players are more suited than DUGAN to the ball playing fullback.. Love DUGAN to death but he just doesn't do enough for us in attack like these Fullbacks do for their respective clubs Hayne, Brett Stuart, Tedesco, TuiVasa Sheck, Slater, Barber..
We need to get over bird time to move on the guy is so up him self over rated.

Old Timer

Coach
All this comes from paying overs to Hunt.
Reeks of the same stench when we lost B Moz
Because we have no decent coaching staff we have to pay overs to get anyone remotely decent and those that have been here and given there all have to take unders.
We already had discontent with some of the forwards after the Vaughan signing, we are just plain stupid.
Now all we need is to lose a few good players and Hunt doesn't fire which would put us back even further.
We have no idea whatsoever how to manage the roster or the cap all due to a dud coach who couldn't attract flies if he rolled in shit.

John moz

Juniors
Hunt will be our no 7 we have been looking for for years .I believe he has the age plus a new club and experience and a Queenslander to lead us to a grandfinal.He has the ability of a andrew johns solid defender great kicking game and has a bullet pass .Finally a professional no 7 to our club.

Old Timer

Coach
It would never happen ot .
But I understand what your saying
Funny how people are willing to consider anyone to come to us other than the good player we already have in the team.
Always searching for the player that will supposedly cure it rather than standing by the good player we have and demanding change so our players can show the talent they have.
Any good player coming here with the staff we have is signing his own death warrant.
Then if we lose say a Dugan / Widdop and good player comes and we snag a half decent coach the team will play better but people will blame Dugan / Widdop who never had a decent coach the entire time they were here.
Crazy stuff

GC Dragon

Juniors
I think the problem was created under Price when we payed way overs for Dugan 4 years ago . Since then he has become a test player and naturally his manager is wanting more for him . Many on here thought he was worth around 650k a season ..well the club agrees . Many also was of the opinion he would stay for that amount . That isn't going to happen . So again the club is going to be bitten on the arse for past mistakes .

I am a huge Dugan fan not because he is a rep player but for what he brings to the club on the field ( which is much more than any other player over the past few years ) . We are now faced with having to at least come close to his demands or let him go . To be honest I don't think the club really wants to keep him .

We are probably the last club that can afford to let our best and most proven player just walk away . They need to sit down and work out a deal with him to keep him here . For me he has been the heart and soul of the club . Ask the players if they would like to keep him in the team ...There wouldn't be a player in the club that doesn't like playing beside him . We are looking at another monumental f**k up if we let him leave .

dragonssamy61

First Grade
OT
Thats human nature I think.
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
But what hapens when you go to eat that grass and you relize that a great dame had just pissed on it before you got there.

John moz

Juniors
Old timer the guy is a 7 not a 6 or 1 or who ever we have filled in that position year after year . The guy has carried the Broncos for years and also pay back to mr Bennett. We had to pay what the market now offers a quality no 7.And he will be only 27 when he arrives and carries no shit luggage like other players we had in site to sign.

Old Timer

Coach
Old timer the guy is a 7 not a 6 or 1 or who ever we have filled in that position year after year . The guy has carried the Broncos for years and also pay back to mr Bennett. We had to pay what the market now offers a quality no 7.And he will be only 27 when he arrives and carries no shit luggage like other players we had in site to sign.
Good player he is but we still paid overs by some margin and the fall out is Hiroshima like.

GC Dragon

Juniors
I have no problem with us paying what we did for Hunt . There was no other way of attracting a genuine halfback to the club .

But Hunt has not carried the Bronco's one bit . He has had a multitude of quality rep players around him year in year out . And if people think he is going to be the lone ranger when he arrives then they are very mistaken .

TomRedVRiver

Bench
If Dugan and his manager won't budge from this ridiculous asking price he's going to have to find another club or another code. Besides, letting Dugan and Widdop go (amongst a number of other players coming off contract at the end of this season) will give us a lot of money to spend on bolstering our pack and looking at marquee players like Bird or Tedesco.

I'd be targeting guys like Matulino, Arrow, McLean, Asofa-Solomona and Taumalolo for the pack.

Gareth67

First Grade
Would be a shame if he did walk , as he is certainly a class player and does put the effort in on a weekly basis. With another coach , I am sure that Duges would be playing a far better attacking game then at present and that being the case , would be worth a decent salary .But not necessarily the amount being mentioned .

We still require players that possess that grit about them and Dugan is one such player .
Easy enough to let the man go , but just whom is to replace him ? Yes young Duffy is a great prospect for the future , however we also need that class and grit that separates the men from the boys , internationals from top grade players .

To lose Josh Dugan would take a big part of the teams heart and soul , however at the end of the day , you can only spend what money you have .

hazzbeen

Bench
Would be a shame if he did walk , as he is certainly a class player and does put the effort in on a weekly basis. With another coach , I am sure that Duges would be playing a far better attacking game then at present and that being the case , would be worth a decent salary .But not necessarily the amount being mentioned .

We still require players that possess that grit about them and Dugan is one such player .
Easy enough to let the man go , but just whom is to replace him ? Yes young Duffy is a great prospect for the future , however we also need that class and grit that separates the men from the boys , internationals from top grade players .

To lose Josh Dugan would take a big part of the teams heart and soul , however at the end of the day , you can only spend what money you have .
Why dont we give him what he wants then get rid of Mary and Duges can be captain and coach ...... ;)

rasaint

Juniors
Duges is a good player and adds personality.

If the offer is $650k then I reckon that is top $. Duges was bagging the Dragons some weeks ago over Benji and I said the writing is on the wall for Josh leaving.

I dont believe other clubs will be pushing each other out of the way to sign him.

Anyway, lets see what happens.

Latest posts