What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan's worth

mobels

Juniors
Oh please. Nightingale is a world class winger but only a solid fullback at best. Anything Nightingale can do in the #1 Dugan can do blindfolded.
Dugan try assists at fullback this year: 0
Nightingale try assists today: 1

Like I said, I'm not advocating for Nightingale to be fullback over Dugan or for him to be fullback next year. I'm pointing out towards the fact that the try Nightingale set up would not have been scored with Dugan at fullback.

Old Timer

Coach
Dugan try assists at fullback this year: 0
Nightingale try assists today: 1

Like I said, I'm not advocating for Nightingale to be fullback over Dugan or for him to be fullback next year. I'm pointing out towards the fact that the try Nightingale set up would not have been scored with Dugan at fullback.
Gutterson would never have scored the first try with Dugan at the back Duges would have run straight at him and closed his options down.
How is life for our forwards when the kick return from Nighy comes up 20 - 30 meters short of what they are used to?
No kick return and our forwards are gassed pretty quickly.
No all FB's are try assist merchants and not all try assist FB's are great in defence and kick returns.
The coach has never had a proper game plan around Dugan so we never had a chance to see the best of him.

rasaint

Juniors
Here we go with the Duges is great stuff. Yeah sure he would have shut down the 1st Gutherson try; simply a freak rebound and that's life.

Duges who wanted a $1 million off us has been here nearly 4 years and simply been good player like many others. Oh yeah and with Duges at fullback we would have been 20 to 30 metres further upfield each set. Nighty played very well today makes as many hard yards as Dugan, plus pure class for Nene's try.

Simon

Juniors
Positional play is key to being a fullback and Dugan is better than most at this. I thought Nightingale and our wingers struggled with this today - Parra's kicking was good but positionally our back three allowed their kicking to look outstanding.

Nightingale hugs the middle of the field whereas Dugan seems to be on the side where the opposition are kicking.

I hope whoever we have planned for next year are working on their positional play in defence as this is key to starting our sets strongly.

Old Timer

Coach
Here we go with the Duges is great stuff. Yeah sure he would have shut down the 1st Gutherson try; simply a freak rebound and that's life.

Duges who wanted a $1 million off us has been here nearly 4 years and simply been good player like many others. Oh yeah and with Duges at fullback we would have been 20 to 30 metres further upfield each set. Nighty played very well today makes as many hard yards as Dugan, plus pure class for Nene's try.
Nighty is a good winger and should be left there.
Only adequate as a FB and stop gap at best.
Did he play OK today yep considering but he is found out by a lack of positional sense and anticipation in defence.
Apparently you let the money issue cloud your judgement when assessing Dugan which is a shame.
If you think Nighty makes as many yards as Dugan at the back you best go and have a look at some replays.
Dugan is clearly a cut above everyone else at our club re playing FB.

mobels

Juniors
Gutterson would never have scored the first try with Dugan at the back Duges would have run straight at him and closed his options down.
How is life for our forwards when the kick return from Nighy comes up 20 - 30 meters short of what they are used to?
No kick return and our forwards are gassed pretty quickly.
No all FB's are try assist merchants and not all try assist FB's are great in defence and kick returns.
The coach has never had a proper game plan around Dugan so we never had a chance to see the best of him.

For our team Dugan simply does not work at fullback if we want to get close to the title. There is a complete lack of playmaking and x-factor ability within the backline and Dugan is neither quick or can ball play which is something that we need since 75% of our backs can't ball play and their pace is pedestrian at best. has potential to be one of the great centres or he'd work perfectly at fullback in a team like the Roosters or Storm.

Regarding our forward pack almost everyones numbers are down, so Nightingale didn't effect anything regarding that. Packer made a whopping 3 runs for 24 metres last week and 6 runs for 54 today which shows he's been absolutely MIA.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Mary is a dim witted coach and until he has a go at changing some things we will continue the current spiral out of the eight.
Show some balls mate you have nothing to lose on recent performances.

Latest posts