What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan's worth

Overseas dragon

Juniors
And moving Dugan to centre also gives DUFTY a go at fullback .AND if you want to play it safe switch in defence.DUFTY to wing McDonald centre.it just takes some vision.

FlameThrower

Bench
Seriously we should look at Michael Gordon, solid level headed with experience. Can kick and on a 2 year deal would not be too expensive..while Dufty is eased into FG. Also been mentioned that Lachlan Coote is on the outer at Cowboys..lightening fast, skills of a half and would be a great pickup..

Dragsters

First Grade
For mine right centre and halfback are the 2 areas we need to fix asap.

Dufty deserves first crack at fullback and he should be picked for the next 2 origin weeks when Dugan is unavailable.

In doing this, if Dufty goes well then I would consider keeping him there and moving Dugan to right centre to bolster that edge.

Let's face it Dugan won't be there next year and we need a good right centre solution if we are going to go deep into 2017.

As for halfback, I would replace McCrone with Nona now and just let him focus on his kicking game with Widdop continuing to be creative as he has been doing so well this season.

With Nona's quality kicking, Dugan's big body at centre and Dufty, with his lightening speed, sniffing around the likes of Vaughan and Lafai for one the many offloads they are getting away we would be much stronger I beleive.

Last edited:
Nona is out with a cheekbone injury and has no hope of being picked if fit.

Dugan at centre the guy refuses to pass the ball evident by his lack of vision when a pass would have allowed Mann to score against the Tigers.

Dufty will not get picked this year if anything Nighty would be shifted to fullback in any case.

Dragsters

First Grade
Nona is out with a cheekbone injury and has no hope of being picked if fit.

Dugan at centre the guy refuses to pass the ball evident by his lack of vision when a pass would have allowed Mann to score against the Tigers.

Dufty will not get picked this year if anything Nighty would be shifted to fullback in any case.

So you think we can contend this year with a suspect right edge defense and a 7 that can't kick to save his life?

I know what you are saying is most likely the case but i will still dare to dream that we can improve what we have, even if the coach may not.

since77

Juniors
I don't think they can even with those spots covered.

The purple scum are the team to beat with the Sharks and Roosters ahead of the Dragons.

Agree those are ahead of us. The margin closes dramatically if McCrone's kicking game:
1. Miraculously improves
2. Is Replaced by a better option

possm

Coach
And moving Dugan to centre also gives DUFTY a go at fullback .AND if you want to play it safe switch in defence.DUFTY to wing McDonald centre.it just takes some vision.
Or if that is deemed necessary, better to switch Dufty and Nightingale in defence.

possm

Coach
I know I did and even bigger one in 1980 and then we all went on the waggon until 2010.
What I am afraid of is, by the time something is done to fix our right side defensive problems and at the same time increase our attacking capability from the back we would have lost too many games and not have anyghint to show for it.

For instance, if we replaced McCrone with Mann, an injured Widdop with Field and an injured Dugan with Dufty, we might or might not have lost those 3 games in a row however, we would have a good idea of Mann, Dufty and Field's suitability for first grade.

In my opinion we would have had a better chance of winning all of those games especially if Milne was at centre.

Well people wanting Dufty and Field in the team they played like utter crap today for Illawarra.

Dufty was less crap but still didn't inject himself at all and again failed to try and catch a bomb on the full letting it bounce for a try.

Field my goodness he was bad simple dropped balls and a real lack of vision at times.

Both young and both have time on their hands but should not see first grade at this time.

possm

Coach
Well people wanting Dufty and Field in the team they played like utter crap today for Illawarra.

Dufty was less crap but still didn't inject himself at all and again failed to try and catch a bomb on the full letting it bounce for a try.

Field my goodness he was bad simple dropped balls and a real lack of vision at times.

Both young and both have time on their hands but should not see first grade at this time.
Well there you go. Millward's wet dreams about Field are nothing but a nightmare. Now after all the fullbacks have been signed, we will go into panic mode and pay overs for a third rate player for 2018.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors

Players can have bad games and can be inconsistent, especially young ones. Just look at Ash Taylor for the titans today, he was horrendous and his highly skilled kicking game was non-existent.

But it doesn't mean they get relegated. Players often improved based on the calibre of player around them. If you keep them in NSW cup, they will never be better than NSW cup players. This was Fields 3rd game in 10 days, as a 19 year old. Maybe fatigue might be a possibility?

Life's Good

Coach
Well there you go. Millward's wet dreams about Field are nothing but a nightmare. Now after all the fullbacks have been signed, we will go into panic mode and pay overs for a third rate player for 2018.
What a bunch of BS this is. They played a poor game and you equate that to the club being in immediate turmoil. You are entitled to your opinion but seriously you can reach OV levels of negativity.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
You realise 9 out of the starting 13 that played for Illawarra today are either eligible for 20's or graduated last year. It is such a young team and they are all still JUST learning their games.

SaintElroy

Juniors
You realise 9 out of the starting 13 that played for Illawarra today are either eligible for 20's or graduated last year. It is such a young team and they are all still JUST learning their games.
And that's why they should be learning in reggies, promote when they demand selection. Future is still bright!

What a bunch of BS this is. They played a poor game and you equate that to the club being in immediate turmoil. You are entitled to your opinion but seriously you can reach OV levels of negativity.
Life its either Millward is crap or its the TPA from the sleepy possm.

Latest posts