What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dusty Rhodes Passes Away...

shiznit

Coach
Dusty Rhodes passes away

dusty-rhodes-family-642.jpg

WWE is deeply saddened that Virgil Runnels, aka “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes — WWE Hall of Famer, three-time NWA Champion and one of the most captivating and charismatic figures in sports entertainment history — passed away today at the age of 69.

Runnels became a hero to fans around the world thanks to his work ethic, his impassioned interviews and his indomitable spirit. Moreover, Runnels was a dedicated father to WWE Superstars Goldust (Dustin Runnels) and Stardust (Cody Runnels), a caring husband and a creative visionary who helped shape the landscape of WWE long after his in-ring career had ended.

WWE extends its sincerest condolences to Runnels’ family, friends and colleagues.

RIP to the American Dream...

Last edited:

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Oh that's so sad, another childhood hero gone

'tear

Might watch his doc on the Network again to pay tribute. Hope Dustin & Cody doing OK.

Bulldog Force

Referee
So sad. R.I.P. Dusty. It's hard to believe he's gone. I remember he in the WWE storyline recently when they threatened to Fire Goldust and Cody. I hope they're holding up... so sad.

Oh that's so sad, another childhood hero gone

'tear

Might watch his doc on the Network again to pay tribute. Hope Dustin & Cody doing OK.
Check out his work on the Legends Roundtable. The episode where he is talking about his booking of WCW in the early 90's is hilarious (I think he was with Flair, Taz, Hayes, and Okerlund that night). He has some great insights and stories in that series.

Hoggmaster

Juniors
For my money the best pure babyface in wrestling. Anyone who does not know much about him go and check his 'Hard times' promo, then go and see the match where he finally beat Flair at the Great American Bash in a steel cage. No wrestler connected to his fans better than the Dream.

Jim Cornette wrote this article about him last year and it sums the man up brilliantly

http://jimcornette.com/fighting-spirit/dreams-are-made-fsm94