What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E.T.

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
Decent first hit out to knock out the cobwebs.

50 tackles and 4 runs for 43 meters.

He was the smallest forward on the park and still made more than the advantage line as an average. I suspect as he gets to know the player group better he will call for the ball more.

Happy with his first hit out.

Concerned though. Hope Woods takes him under his wing, or with the mediocre around him I suspect he could move back to the pack.

If he becomes our new Fulton (killer tackler) then that should help.

Small step forward for the team.

Tigerted

Juniors
He will be regretting he didn't go to the roosters.Uve got to b insane to come to this pathetic rabble !

Clifferd

Coach
Yeah He was probably our best along with Woods but the negatives far outweigh the positives in today's game

How we go from that Souffs performance to this with an even better team astounds me

One step forward & Then 10 steps backwards for this rabble of a club

Last edited:

Tigerted

Juniors
Souths were diabolical against us & annually we have unlimited disgraceful & park footy standard performances in us. We have numerous employees that need to find another occupation !

Vic Mackey

Referee
Doesn't astound me, typical of this club. Put in one game where they make an effort then clock off.

That's what it feels like with this club. Put in a great effort for one week and they think 'Job done, how good are we, watch out Brisbane/NQ!' We'll beat the Knights next week, give Rankin a 3 year extension and give them the next week off training.

But yes back on ET he was great, you can tell he hasn't been at the club long.

Das Hassler

Bench
Reminds me a lot of Steve Kearney .....i wouldn't be putting my house on beating newcastle . You can imagine how much they will want this week to end

Fordy20

Juniors
Yeah He was probably our best along with Woods but the negatives far outweigh the positives in today's game

How we go from that Souffs performance to this with an even better team astounds me

One step forward & Then 10 steps backwards for this rabble of a club

Our defence is what won against Souths. We have Rowdy organising the defence on his edge, which covered up for Naiqama's inadequacies. We didn't have to hide Moses in defence either. He was hiding on the wing a few times in yesterday's match. Also, yesterday we lost Sue before the match started, lost Josh and Robbie as well. When you have that many injuries, it's always going to be tough.

Surely Naiqama has to be dropped after that performance and I'd argue Moses should start from the bench as Keary did for Souths, if only to make that right edge less vulnerable.

betcats

Referee
ET will pretty much give you 50 tackles and 50-80m every game. He will tackle himself to a stand still, I like him a lot as a player.

Yes he was one of the good ones we couldn't keep at the Warriors. You will always get solid work rate from the bloke. Good luck E.T with the Tigers

Tiger05

First Grade
Just watching his first half and I really like this guy. His defence is great but he has an offensive game as well. He distributes the ball and creates chances.

T.T

Juniors
his ball playing at the line makes a big difference too. not just a tackling machine. we should sign him up for the next 2 years at minimum!

Tiger05

First Grade
his ball playing at the line makes a big difference too. not just a tackling machine. we should sign him up for the next 2 years at minimum!

This is the thing that annoys me most about Jason Tayor. If you play with some skill it makes a freaken difference. It was ET's attack that won us that game along with JAC's speed.

Yes his defence was great and you need that but if you don't score any points you aren't winning games. JT's idea that 5 hit-ups and them a bomb is good enough if you defend well enough is stupid.

Tigerted

Juniors
5 hit ups & a bomb only works for teams coached by authoritarian army drill sergeants like Wayne Bennett.

This lazy docile spoilt rabble r devoid of the attitude & ability to competently execute the most basic of match plans !

Tiger05

First Grade
5 hit ups & a bomb only works for teams coached by authoritarian army drill sergeants like Wayne Bennett.

This lazy docile spoilt rabble r devoid of the attitude & ability to competently execute the most basic of match plans !

I don't think that this is on the players. I think it's poor coaching.

If you want to win you have to attack and do it well. Bennett realizes this. Bellamy realizes this. Yes defence matters but morons like JT think that is all that matters.

Tigerm

First Grade

Agree, we desperately need one with an "aura" about them, unfortunately there are not too many available, maybe Toovey?

gordsy

Juniors
It's the lack of heart and pride in the jersey that shit me. If we lose , we lose but at least have a fair dinkum crack at winning.

gordsy

Juniors
Agree, we desperately need one with an "aura" about them, unfortunately there are not too many available, maybe Toovey?

It will never happen but Madge with Folkes as fitness / defence coach would be great for us imo.

JT hasn't worked out that 5 hit ups then a mid field bomb benifits the opposition more than us,thankfully it was only the knights today any other team would of put us away.