What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eddie's Gone

RABK

Referee
I saw that in that NSW cup report on FB. The mounties players should all retire effective immediately.

Nuffy

Bench
In today's sunday tele, it said that Eddy's tardiness has cost him money.

It seems that he didn't sign for $200k with the raiders, they said it was substantially less but it didn't say that it was less than $150k offer by us.

Seems Eddy got a little lesson in his actual value.

Spot On

Coach
Well, well, well.....

It would seem Eddie's manager may have a little explaining to do.

What's the point of having a manager if he is being paid by you to advise you andthen ultimately secures you a contract worth less than what was offered to you previously????

Ah, player managers - got to love 'em.

Last edited:

First Grade
Safest bet is not to talk players up. I do it. We all do. Excitement can get the better of anyone in regards ro watching players have a run of exceptional form. Eddie is the biggest diapoointment this season by a large margin.

Smartest post of the thread. sure if a player has a good game recognise it say player x had a good game today. Don't bag a player and conversley don't put a player on a pedestal.

Support your team like a fan not like an armchair coach because ultimately if 90% of you actually knew 75% of what you think you know about footy, you wouldn't be a "knowledgeable" poster on a forum you would be coaching a real life footy team.

Frederick

Staff member
Someone put up that 'fu*k yeah' baby.

036735a6.jpg

Dave_

Juniors
What I really struggle to understand is the Raiders recruitmet ideas. Why would they want yet another one of those bog standard, smallish, no potential, barely first grade standard nuff nuffs when they already have 10 or 12 identical duds now.

Im not trying to have a go at Canberra here, I just honestly dont understand what they're thinking. If I was one of their fans i'd be spewin'.

If they cant get the big names, why not go after young players with potential? Seriously, what does Edwards bring to the Raiders that they dont already have? WTF?

Spot On

Coach
What I really struggle to understand is the Raiders recruitmet ideas. Why would they want yet another one of those bog standard, smallish, no potential, barely first grade standard nuff nuffs when they already have 10 or 12 identical duds now.

Im not trying to have a go at Canberra here, I just honestly dont understand what they're thinking. If I was one of their fans i'd be spewin'.

If they cant get the big names, why not go after young players with potential? Seriously, what does Edwards bring to the Raiders that they dont already have? WTF?

Everyone with the exception of Stuke, Junior Knight and Broncos 2010 are asking themselves the same thing.

It's definitely a conundrum.

I'm surprised the Broncos didn't pick him up. They've let the only backrower with any mongrel go to the Tigers. You'd think a club with such a rich history and unbelievable ability to recruit superstars would have fought tooth and nail to secure Edwards a s areplacement.

Why on earth didn't you blokes pick him up Broncos 2010???????

aqua_duck

Coach

What I don't understand is why pay good money for a solid at best backrower when they've got 3 very good young backrowers already. Fensom plays 80 mins and is a future captain, Joel Thompson is very dangerous on the fringes and Josh Papalii is baically a bigger, younger, more talented version of Eddy anyway.

juniorknight

Juniors
I think you can add the no name Gorden Tallis to that list as well! I hate it when blokes with no experience in the game comment when they have no idea.

Latest posts