What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels 3,2,1's

OVP

Coach
Can I give two players 3 points ? Jared and SST were both sublime today.

3. JWH and SST
2. Keary
1. Tupou

Tommy Smith

Referee
Very tough to single out three players. They were all outstanding in our best performance since 2015.

3. SST - world class player
2. JWH - back to his best
1. Mitchell - devastating in attack

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I'm with tommy for my 3,2,1's. Tauks is an absolute powerhouse. He seriously hasn't missed a beat since coming back. Power running but also has a good motor on him so we get quality and quantity.

One thing I noticed was our support play today was top notch. So many players pushing through the line in support.

Latrell looked beastly at times, robbo was spot on giving him a little spell. Latrell looks like he has a point to prove and show robbo he is ready for 1st grade every week.

Valheru

Coach
Due to a combination of mothers day and my own sporting commitments I only saw the 1 hour replay that fox sports air on a Sunday night but from what I saw..

3 JWH - Looked to be very close to his old 2015 self. Why NZ continue to snuff him is beyond me
2 Latrell - Dynamite
1 SST - Looked great and from what you guys say I am under selling him here but I did watch the shortened version of the match

This was a complete performance and by far our best of the season. There wasn't a bad player and a lot of the other guys could have got points. I hope the Latrell rumours are unfounded because he could be anything.

3 points: Jared Warea-Hargreaves. 17 runs for 200 metres and 29 tackles. Ripped the Eels pack to shreds. Definetly set the platform for the backs.

2 points: Latrell Mitchell. Showed his spell out of first grade refreshed him. Our attack looked like dynamite with him on the left edge. Pace and power personified.

1 point: Sio Siua Taukeiaho. Have to agree with one description of Sio, made by Nick Walshaw in the Daily Telegraph - he "charged like the Commonwealth Bank.".

Honourable mentions to Daniel Tupou, Mitchell Pearce and Blake Ferguson.

Last edited:

Jack_Napier

Staff member
What did our completion rate end up? I know it was 20/21 at half time which is so unlike us.

Just shows, control and hang onto the ball and we can play some cracking football.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Cheers Babyface, we should be aiming for a completion rate like that every week at bare minimum.