What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels 70 Year Logo revealed

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
1476600968885.jpg

The Parramatta Eels are proud to launch its 70th Anniversary logo for its 2017 NRL Season. The new logo commemorates the 70th anniversary of the Club’s entry into what was then the premier NSWRL competition in 1947.

The logo design incorporates a combination of the Club’s traditional logo from its early history through to the introduction of the famous Eel design that is central to our clubs brand identity.

Interim Eels CEO Bevan Paul said that the club takes great pride in its history and in those passionate people who lobbied hard for Parramatta to have a team in the premier rugby league competition over 70 years ago.

"Our 70th anniversary is a major milestone and one we celebrate with all those who have been a part of our club during this time," he said.

“The anniversary reminds us how important members are in our history. Whether it’s the early members in 1947 that helped bring the club to life right through to the Eels members who supported the team with such passion and loyalty last season.

“As we move towards 2017, we have a lot to be proud of as a club and I am sure celebrating our 70th anniversary will be major positive of the new season.”

The new 70th logo will appear on our 2017 jerseys, training gear and merchandise with the Club holding special events throughout 2017 to celebrate the anniversary.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2016/10/16/eels_launch_70th_ann.html

Avenger

Immortal
I actually don't like it. Looks too cartoonish,especially the aboriginal man in the background.. And why isn't the emblem a circle? Why the guitar picker shape?

phantom eel

First Grade
Took me a while to work out what the obscured vertical pattern behind the eel was... and then I worked out it was an attempt to (sort of) include the original logo?

Make the eel and aboriginal elements both a bit smaller, and you'd see more of both and be able to work out wtf it was meant to be.

Or let the guy's head and spear arm poke out the top, and slide the Parramatta Eels wording a bit to either side...

Saw this design about a month ago, I like it, it blends the past with the present nicely.
Cant agree, what past? half an aboriginal guys head and a cm of his body is a bit disappointing in some sort of modern shape for a RL Emblem.
Not to mention the shocking white banner at the bottom, the tear shape design is so weak and childish, theres nothing traditional about it, its not even a traditional sporting emblem design.
Its so disappointing theres no history in this at all, just a shadow 20% of a native, each to their own but this is the worst anniversary emblem I've ever seen, i wouldn't call it an emblem, id call it a T-Shirt design for kids, its very disappointing, but each to their own.
Check out some of the fantastic anniversary logos from fellow RL clubs, this ones embarrassing compared to those imo