What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Appoint Brad Arthur as Head Coach (Part Deux)

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I know; what I'm saying is that, had he persevered with him, I'm sure he would have become the type of player we need.

Obviously, Arthur disagrees.

Buy Lussick has all the tools there - and he had a pretty damn good 2017 imo.

I agree, I suspect he was probably asking for to much money / Manly made a better offer. Without looking at the history books, I think he was starter more times then not under BA. However BA seems pretty set on what he values players.

Eelementary

Post Whore
As I've said, I don't see a lot of difference between Lussick and Evans, in fact I think Lussick would be an awesome 25 min per game No 6 middle forward, just as Evans is.

I like Lussick, but I don't recall Lussick breaking the line, and popping the offloads like Evans does.

I don't think Evans alone will transform our team; but he will help.

I would say that our full strength side for 2018 looks handy.

Kornstar

Coach
Love BA but thought some of the team selections were a bit iffy last night, guess that's something to learn from

My assumption is that he had complete faith in his team (as from reports i heard the boys during the week were very up for the game) but on the day they just completely let him down.......like they have many, many, many times before over multiple year and coaches.........

Eelementary

Post Whore
I agree, I suspect he was probably asking for to much money / Manly made a better offer. Without looking at the history books, I think he was starter more times then not under BA. However BA seems pretty set on what he values players.

I trust his judgement.

It's a shame, though, because Lussick is precisely the type of forward we are lacking, imo - a big body, who hits hard in defence.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I know; what I'm saying is that, had he persevered with him, I'm sure he would have become the type of player we need.

Obviously, Arthur disagrees.

Buy Lussick has all the tools there - and he had a pretty damn good 2017 imo.
Lussick was pretty good last year. This year he was pretty ordinary, though he is playing in a squad where there are a couple of very strong runners in the middle. So he is mostly there for defence.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Lussick was pretty good last year. This year he was pretty ordinary, though he is playing in a squad where there are a couple of very strong runners in the middle. So he is mostly there for defence.

His defence looking at stats has been shit this year, tackle success rate is 85% which is shocking!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As I've said, I don't see a lot of difference between Lussick and Evans, in fact I think Lussick would be an awesome 25 min per game No 6 middle forward, just as Evans is.
Evans is younger, faster, taller, and has played in the finals three out of four seasons. Lussick has only played in the finals once before this year (2012).

T.S Quint

Coach

Evans is taller, heavier, faster, has longer arms, and seems less of a liability when it comes to penalties.
He's also younger and probably cheaper.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Evans is taller, heavier, faster, has longer arms, and seems less of a liability when it comes to penalties.
He's also younger and probably cheaper.
I would guess Evans will be on more than Lussick next year, maybe twice as much. He won't be cheap, IMO.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
With the exception of about 10 seconds, none of those highlights are from the last two seasons.

Would you like to see The Plane's 10 minute highlight package? How did that help the Titans this season?
You think Evans might be too old? The poor bastard is only 25.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
With the exception of about 10 seconds, none of those highlights are from the last two seasons.

Would you like to see The Plane's 10 minute highlight package? How did that help the Titans this season?

Evans is only 25 about to enter the prime years for a prop, Hayne is past his prime!!

Plenty of players just need a change of clubs to refresh their careers. Moses is a prime example!!

Chipmunk

Coach
Again...I reiterate my earlier comment @Bazal, the comments that have flowed suggest that a lot of people expect Kane Evans to be a world beater...

To suggest otherwise is being disingenuous...

Latest posts