What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels game.

Every team shows up to play the Dragons, and they get the result. Since Round 16.
Round 16- Dragons snatch it at the death against the Eels. Eels probably the better team. 20-18
Round 17- Play good attacking footy for 65 minutes, pretty garbage defence, but still in the game for that time, play complete shithouse in the last 15 minutes. 30-52.
Round 18- Play flat and slow football, always on the back foot for the whole match, Tigers felt the win was more important. 16-20.
Round 19- Wins against the Cowbyos, a decent performance. 24-10
Round 20- Play on the back foot from the first tackle, Roosters pounce and give out a thumping, no energy. 18-36
Round 21- Do absolutely nothing in the first half. Play good in the first 10 minutes of the second half; then back to nothing. 12-18
What will happen in the rest of this season. If it is similar to recent form than this is a scary prospect. 4 losses from last 6 games.
Parramatta, Tigers, Bulldogs and Knights will alll turn it up. A loss in any of these games will bother me.
The scary thing is that Parra and Canterbury are belatedly showing better form and would love nothing more than to skittle us.
Tigers are a handful and will play like their lives depend on it.
Last round against Newcastle could be embarrassing depending on who they have on the field that day.
On today's performance, I have no confidence that we can win these games.
Again, it wasn't the loss, it was the way we lost.
Halves were outplayed again even though the Warriors invited us back into the game in the second half.
We had enough possession to win 2 games.
Looked eerily like 2017. In front of a big home crowd and everything to play for.
We managed to erase a 22 year hoodoo for the Warriors.
Every team we play from now on reckons they're a big show against us.
Psychology plays a big part in what's going on and that's the coach's job.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
If we are any chance of winning this game there has to be changes.

This would be my team for next week (excluding Nene and Vaughan at this stage)

F/B - Dufty
Wings - Periera and Mann
Centres - Lomax and Lafai
Halves - Widdop and Hunt
Props - Lawrie and LAM
2nd Row - Friz and Sims
Hooker - McInnes

Bench - Latimore, Graham, Leilua and Herbert

Would like to get Robson in there somewhere, but he's not a prop or edge forward. Te only possible way would be moving Friz to prop and Leilua to starting edge forward, he would then come onto the bench. Lats to drop out.

Of course this team won't happen and I expect 1-17 as named today with the exception of Vaughan.

rednwhites

Juniors
At this point, as much as I want Dragons to win every game, I can't help feel they deserve what they get as a collective.

Tyson gave a post match interview. He was awesome on the field today but his words just very typical of the worrying diatribe that comes out of our players mouths. They talk like the slump (for the 4th year running mind you) is a non-event and that 'we are in the top four for a reason yada yada'. Don't bother agreeing to an interview if you aren't going to say it like it is. "We are lost at sea with no idea and petrol left".

avocado

Juniors
1 Dufty
2 Nene
3 Aitken
4 Lafai
5 Perera
6 Widdop
7 Nightingale
8 Graham
9 Hunt
10 LAM
11 Friz
12 Tariq
13 JDB

Coffs dragon

Bench
I bid you all farewell for 2018 season as I head OS on a Adventure that will be footy free. Lucky I'll miss the rocky road and shit ahead. I stick by my conviction and tip that the Dragons will not win another game this season. Unfortunately,they look shot ducks and are mentally and physically fatigued under Mary McSlide.
I hope I'm wrong, but the rot looks set in once again.

TruSaint

Referee
I bid you all farewell for 2018 season as I head OS on a Adventure that will be footy free. Lucky I'll miss the rocky road and shit ahead. I stick by my conviction and tip that the Dragons will not win another game this season. Unfortunately,they look shot ducks and are mentally and physically fatigued under Mary McSlide.

Enjoy your trip mate ..

hazzbeen

Bench
All the best mate enjoy , get far far away from this mess we are in .....

FlameThrower

Bench
At this point, as much as I want Dragons to win every game, I can't help feel they deserve what they get as a collective.

Tyson gave a post match interview. He was awesome on the field today but his words just very typical of the worrying diatribe that comes out of our players mouths. They talk like the slump (for the 4th year running mind you) is a non-event and that 'we are in the top four for a reason yada yada'. Don't bother agreeing to an interview if you aren't going to say it like it is. "We are lost at sea with no idea and petrol left".
I saw that on Fox sports and thought the same thing. Either the team thinks they can just switch back onto early season form or they are in denial about what is happening. As many have pist d before can be a dumb football team and these games are critical to a top4 finish .. this attitude cost us last year when we had to win a couple from the last 5 and could not even do that. That’s the worry.

BLM01

First Grade
Moving forward now it is just hope..not expectation...except making the 8 is the only given..or is it!

possm

Coach
We will be doing it without Vaughan I feel.......will be lucky if hes able to play for weeks ......sounds like it could be very serious if you can go on the tv early reports.....not sure it matters really with our cut and paste team
Now the Club's decisions on recruitment to our prop rotation will come to haunt us. Latimore, Allgood, Kerr and Lawrie just don't cut the mustard. We needed at least one more top grade prop and one first grade prop with potential to be top grade.

No matter what Mary does now, it's likely we will still be down two first grade props.

18to87

First Grade
Now the Club's decisions on recruitment to our prop rotation will come to haunt us. Latimore, Allgood, Kerr and Lawrie just don't cut the mustard. We needed at least one more top grade prop and one first grade prop with potential to be top grade.

No matter what Mary does now, it's likely we will still be down two first grade props.
Sele is good enough for the Sharks it seems.

possm

Coach
Just imagine us in 2019. It could get real ugly.
Not so especially if we got rid of our current coaching staff and replaced it with a top notch outfit:
1. Dufty
2. Macdonald
3. Lomax
4. Herbert
5. Tupou
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Vaughan
9. McInnes
10. Frizell
11. Leilua
12. T Sims
13. De Belin

14. Graham
15. K Sims
16. Host
17. Robson/Mann/Aitken

18to87

First Grade
Not so especially if we got rid of our current coaching staff and replaced it with a top notch outfit:
1. Dufty
2. Macdonald
3. Lomax
4. Herbert
5. Tupou
6. Widdop
7. Hunt
8. Vaughan
9. McInnes
10. Frizell
11. Leilua
12. T Sims
13. De Belin

14. Graham
15. K Sims
16. Host
17. Robson/Mann/Aitken
With Bennett as coach ... Drooling at the thought.

Aitken may actually go all right as a second rower off the bench.

Life's Good

Coach
I’ve lost count of the number of times, since 2011, where we needed to deliver in a ‘make a statement’ game only to sh*t the bed. What makes it worse is we then usually play a team that’s found some form.
This is the exact scenario we’re heading into vs. the Eels.
I expect the coach to get Nighty running as a floating half(like yesterday)as the ace up his sleeve to counter this situation.