What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

This is how he repays BA. All that talk of him being so thankful BA had given him this chance. Disgusting. Penalty not severe enough imho.

Yeh, I sort of agree. The NRL and its member clubs talk a lot about drink driving, but don't actually do too much when someone does dumb shit like this. I guess they might suspend his wife too, for putting him in a position where he was so cranky that he had to drive home pissed.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he got suspended from the first 2 rounds, there was a media release from the OS posted here yesterday

Gronk

Staff member
Believe it or not there are Eels supporters on social media asking for the NRL integrity commission to step in and go harder on him.

Looking at what other players have copped recently after their DUIs, TRex's 2 games is about right.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Believe it or not there are Eels supporters on social media asking for the NRL integrity commission to step in and go harder on him.

Looking at what other players have copped recently after their DUIs, TRex's 2 games is about right.
Don’t agree at all, so other clubs are as weak on piss means we should as well???

Plus he had his kids in the car, got off lightly IMO.

Gronk

Staff member
Don’t agree at all, so other clubs are as weak on piss means we should as well???

Plus he had his kids in the car, got off lightly IMO.

The court has dealt with his offence.

Bro last year there were 17,000 DUI charges in NSW and 8,000 drive/drug charges.

Whilst these merkins should be dealt with harshly by the courts, I don't buy that your boss has a role to play in the punishment.

They have anyway and he got two weeks, which probably adds $20,000 to the fine handed down by the court.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The court has dealt with his offence.

Bro last year there were 17,000 DUI charges in NSW and 8,000 drive/drug charges.

Whilst these merkins should be dealt with harshly by the courts, I don't buy that your boss has a role to play in the punishment.

They have anyway and he got two weeks, which probably adds $20,000 to the fine handed down by the court.
Kenny gets 7 weeks for tipping a bottle of cold water on his partner.

Yet this bloke a repeat offender for DUI and with the added bonus of having his kids in the car only gets 2???

If it was another club we would rightfully be blowing up.

Gronk

Staff member
Kenny gets 7 weeks for tipping a bottle of cold water on his partner.

Yet this bloke a repeat offender for DUI and with the added bonus of having his kids in the car only gets 2???

If it was another club we would rightfully be blowing up.

You are now comparing the punishment handed down by the NRL. I never did. I just said for traffic matters the boss should keep out of it.

You might not have seen this, but they are talking about DUI under 0.10 getting a ticket and suspension w/o having to go to court.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...w/news-story/5d84f08308796df87b7c495b954b4844

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You are now comparing the punishment handed down by the NRL. I never did. I just said for traffic matters the boss should keep out of it.

You might not have seen this, but they are talking about DUI under 0.10 getting a ticket and suspension w/o having to go to court.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...w/news-story/5d84f08308796df87b7c495b954b4844
Why should the boss be kept out of traffic matters???

Especially when he risked the life of himself, his kids and everyone else on the road.

If he hits another car and hurts someone would you feel still feel that the boss should be kept out of it????

Gronk

Staff member
Why should the boss be kept out of traffic matters???

Especially when he risked the life of himself, his kids and everyone else on the road.

If he hits another car and hurts someone would you feel still feel that the boss should be kept out of it????

Righto mate. Then let's have some consistency and Mums Dads and assorted merkins should look out cos Hineyrulz says that your boss at Maccas or Westpac or the Servo etc is coming after you.
Gronk said:
By the looks of it there will be lots of tears in 25,000 workplaces soon.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Let's wait and see how well he plays before shrieking about how he should've been sacked on the spot.
Who's saying he should be sacked???

And how he plays shouldn't even come into it, i said he was probably lucky not be sacked. I just think two weeks is light for a repeat offender and to have his kids in the car makes it even worse.

Especially for a bloke unwanted and looking for another chance

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Righto mate. Then let's have some consistency and Mums Dads and assorted merkins should look out cos Hineyrulz says that your boss at Maccas or Westpac or the Servo etc is coming after you.
By the looks of it there will be lots of tears in 25,000 workplaces soon.
Most mums and dads aren't on what he is on and not in the public eye representing our football club.