What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Noise

Coach
So he basically said we dont have a HoF cos of financial reasons ..... who to believe?

Yea someone is lying. Bernie (or was it max) has previously said there were no restrictions on the football side of things and if BA wanted something they would make it happen.

Gronk

Staff member
Yea someone is lying. Bernie (or was it max) has previously said there were no restrictions on the football side of things and if BA wanted something they would make it happen.

“Our costs are OTT, where can we save money? BA?

Well I guess that we can merge a few roles.

Good let’s do that and revisit the situation at a later date.

========================

This is a plausible scenario but really, does the lack of a FM have such a dramatic effect on the performance of an NRL side ? I say that it contributes in so far as the coach needs to work longer hours or spread himself thinner, but it is not as significant as some (interviewer Hooper) was suggesting.

Noise

Coach
========================

This is a plausible scenario but really, does the lack of a FM have such a dramatic effect on the performance of an NRL side ? I say that it contributes in so far as the coach needs to work longer hours or spread himself thinner, but it is not as significant as some (interviewer Hooper) was suggesting.

Agree. The position may help with recruitment but as far as our pre season preparation and week to week preparation as well as our shit discipline and execution, the position isn’t going to improve any of that.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Do you want to take BA at his word? Or do you want him to sort you out first?
BA never directly stated anything. Basically and cleverly avoided those questions without saying much and without contradicting his bosses.
Does BA want to relinquish any of the control he currently has? That is THE question. I personally dont know but I have my suspicions. On the reverse side BA wont critise anyone so maybe hes doing just that. Time will tell.

Dibs

Bench
BA never directly stated anything. Basically and cleverly avoided those questions without saying much and without contradicting his bosses.
Does BA want to relinquish any of the control he currently has? That is THE question. I personally dont know but I have my suspicions. On the reverse side BA wont critise anyone so maybe hes doing just that. Time will tell.
FFS I see BA is going to have to sort you out first

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Bern did say that and the next day they hired a defence coach.

I reckon Max and Bern are full of shit and have thrown Ba under the bus.

emjaycee

Coach

You reckon this might shed some light on who is lying?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...s/news-story/ce3ad0118ea2f1373df4ef6da7d8cf3e

PARRAMATTA PLAN GURR ROLE CHANGE

THE performance of Parramatta chief executive Bernie Gurr has been the subject of much discussion at the Eels in recent months.

The board is now in the process of drawing up a strategic plan and Gurr’s role is expected to change.

There is a line of thinking that he spends far too much time with the football team while other NRL chief executives employ a head of football to look after the day-to-day operations.

Board members want Gurr to play a more big-picture, strategic role, to set up a new academy that is similar to Penrith, to fix the junior league pathways, to prepare for the move into the new Western Sydney Stadium and work on other longer-term projects.