What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
^^

The title favourites had anticipated a rival team complaining about their so-called smothering defence at some point in the finals but were surprised that the jab had come from someone who spent four years at the Storm and who they still regard south of the border as one of their own.

Seriously ?

Storm fans consider Arthur one of their own ?

who write this verbal diarrhoea ??

Gronk

Staff member
Exactly right Twiz. If you read that excellent article about BA last week, he has been a career coach since age 21.

4 years in Melbourne is a line in his long resume.

Forty20

First Grade
The Tip Sheet - Episode 2: Peter Gentle, Parramatta Eels Assistant Coach & Forwards Coach

Episode 2 of The Tip Sheet is here and it is a cracker! Peter Gentle has graciously taken time out of a decidedly hectic lead up into Saturday’s blockbuster final against the Melbourne Storm to speak with TCT. Gentle, the forwards coach and one of Brad Arthur’s assistant coaches at the Eels, sits down with Forty20 and Sixties to break down his unique role at the club.

From the impact of analytics and the importance of off-the-ball efforts to who among the playing group would make a good coach. Gentle speaks candidly throughout and like Joey Grima before him, gives fans of the Blue & Gold a truly unique insight into the four year journey that has taken the Eels from back-to-back spoons in 2012 and 2013 to a berth in the Top 4 this year.

Clicky

Huge thanks to Peter Gentle for taking the time to talk to myself and Sixties in probably the busiest week of preparation for the Eels in a solid 8 years. The next episode will feature Steve Murphy who is the other Assistant Coach to Brad Arthur and the Backs Coach for the Eels.

You can catch the first episode of The Tip Sheet right here which features Parramatta Eels Skills Coach, Joey Grima.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Clicky

Huge thanks to Peter Gentle for taking the time to talk to myself and Sixties in probably the busiest week of preparation for the Eels in a solid 8 years. The next episode will feature Steve Murphy who is the other Assistant Coach to Brad Arthur and the Backs Coach for the Eels.

You can catch the first episode of The Tip Sheet right here which features Parramatta Eels Skills Coach, Joey Grima.

Hey forty, do you know much about Gentle's background ?

I have never been able to confirm if he is the same Peter Gentle that started career/played in group 7 (like BA), with Kiama.

PS sorry if it is addressed in your interview, haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

Forty20

First Grade
Hey forty, do you know much about Gentle's background ?

I have never been able to confirm if he is the same Peter Gentle that started his career in group 7 (like BA), with Kiama.

PS sorry if it is addressed in your interview, haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

Peter talks about his playing and coaching career early in the interview but I don't think he mentions Kiama. If I get the chance I will ask around for you though mate.

Not liking all the media we are getting - todays headline on the front page of the Tele about us being 'Eel Contenders'. I liked it much more when no one was talking about us......too much positive media and look how we played against the Knights and Souffs.

Dear media - we dont want your praise

Not liking all the media we are getting - todays headline on the front page of the Tele about us being 'Eel Contenders'. I liked it much more when no one was talking about us......too much positive media and look how we played against the Knights and Souffs.

Dear media - we dont want your praise

it's something we might just have to learn to deal with
everybody is writing us off now but if we manage to beat the storm that media spotlight will be firmly fixed on us