What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
12654473_10154062609179155_3400061765981375285_n.jpg

phantom eel

First Grade
So only 3 clubs make an overall profit - that's about the same ratio it's always been, not really sinking.

The game (and clubs) are always playing catch up with the cost of running rugby league operations, until the NRL club grants (based on broacast rights revenue) can catch up and cover the annual salary cap plus a bit more.

I guess though it just highlights Denis' oft-maligned quote about not being able to guarantee we'd still be here in 5 years... repeated debts can't be sustained forever without something changing (and thankfully it's the broadcast deal that has).

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

I really don't understand that article. For example don't the dogs, eels, panthers have strong leagues club that were purely set up to support rugby league and the NRL side. So really the loses from these clubs are really just bullshit paper losses as the leagues club have it covered, so why report they had losses and make it sound like they are in a dip financial mess.

Even the raiders/roosters have very strong financial backing and easily cover that loss.

Just another dig at league.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
If that figure is true or close to the mark, surely it would include the amount we forked out for the saleyards and get the facility up and running, would it not?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I really don't understand that article. For example don't the dogs, eels, panthers have strong leagues club that were purely set up to support rugby league and the NRL side. So really the loses from these clubs are really just bullshit paper losses as the leagues club have it covered, so why report they had losses and make it sound like they are in a dip financial mess.

Even the raiders/roosters have very strong financial backing and easily cover that loss.

Just another dig at league.
Have a look at the imbecile who wrote the article, the last time he wrote a positive RL article was probably the last time he went to bed Sober.

strider

Post Whore
If they ever take up the entire backpage wiith a massive graphic like that you can bet both your nuts its a massively twisted beat up

Tommy Coco

Juniors
Has anyone ever found a jersey at Peter Wynns, I maybe doing it wrong but they are either just about to receive a shipment in or they dont have adult sizes at the time I've been there.

I have half a dozen and I can recall buying from the Parra store and taking it to Peter Wynn's for the name and number to be added.

Gronk

Staff member
If they ever take up the entire backpage wiith a massive graphic like that you can bet both your nuts its a massively twisted beat up

Yep they are agenda driven merkins.

On Media Watch last Monday they dug deep into the "Abbott dines privately with Obama" headline. Turns out that Abbott was at a Obama dinner with 500 others at the invitation of his mate Rupert. The Telecrap ran the story for days suggesting that Abbott is getting world leaders calling him into their confidence, which is not the case.

Why is Rupert pissed at Turnbull ? Something about how the Gov are chasing News Ltd who pay 1% tax and that under Abbott his profits were safe....

Avenger

Immortal
I have such a soft spot for the area in and around our stadium. Always has me feeling all warm and fuzzy. It will be sad to see the old girl go but the new stadium will be a cracker.