What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap Mk V

strider

Post Whore
I have little doubt most of it was sewards doing

But i would suspect someone may have had an inkling he was doing something ... we would seem to have conclusive proof we were not monitoring him, ie foran and hoppa fiascos

And i reckon there is a pretty good chance seward got some ideas from supremo greenburg ... and i doubt our super recruitment man would have learnt the carpark brown paper bag trick at parra, i reckon he may have brought that with him

But i would certainly say our bufoons tried to cover it all up

I know it's the old saying "everyone else is doing it"
But i hear that is pretty much the case and the only way you get caught is if you get dobbed in by someone with a axe to grind. But shit happens, we got caught and have now got rid of the board that everyone hated but voted back in last time so surely we can move forward now.

I hope we did ... my only hope out of all this now is we manage to bring that slimey merkin greenburg unstuck
the media aren't touching Greenberg at present, why don't they look into his links with seward? why don't they go back and look how he swept Barba's issues under the carpet of the dodgy contract deal he did with Fifita before he brushed it?
It was a mistake to get a person pretty much straight from a club into the games CEO role.
it will all come out in good time.

Kornstar

Coach
the media aren't touching Greenberg at present, why don't they look into his links with seward? why don't they go back and look how he swept Barba's issues under the carpet of the dodgy contract deal he did with Fifita before he brushed it?
It was a mistake to get a person pretty much straight from a club into the games CEO role.
it will all come out in good time.

It seems the governing body had the same recruitment policy as us when it comes to CEO, the cheaper option seemed to be the better option for them.......

It never worked for us and it certainly isn't working for the NRL!

Gronk

Staff member
I have little doubt most of it was sewards doing

But i would suspect someone may have had an inkling he was doing something ... we would seem to have conclusive proof we were not monitoring him, ie foran and hoppa fiascos

And i reckon there is a pretty good chance seward got some ideas from supremo greenburg ... and i doubt our super recruitment man would have learnt the carpark brown paper bag trick at parra, i reckon he may have brought that with him

But i would certainly say our bufoons tried to cover it all up

I think that it's pretty clear that Sharp etc uncovered a shit storm.

There was in interesting comment by one merkin from the club who said that they approached Dave Smith who said "sort it out yourself".

Then there was a comment by Greenberg that basically said that shit happens different under his watch. I read that as that he had no choice because the media got him the job and now the media demanded that the Eels go down. Quid pro quo.

So Sharp & Co decided to "trade out". The intent was to slowly rid themselves of dodgy TPAs and replace them with legit. The only problem was that they would have to continue to commit cap breaches for the short term.

Enter the whistle blower who for his own political (rather than ethical or moral) reasons felt it necessary to bring the club to it's knees.

The sub-plot to all of this is how the very man who handed out the punishment to our club, was mentoring our CEO at the exact time that he was at his dodgy peak.

I LOL at the whistle blower BTW. The chances of his cronies getting control of the club has now never been further from reach.

Last edited:
It seems the governing body had the same recruitment policy as us when it comes to CEO, the cheaper option seemed to be the better option for them.......

It never worked for us and it certainly isn't working for the NRL!
it's got me why he isn't under much pressure, Buzz rothfield put a bit on him earlier in the year but the media hasn't touched him since.

ash411

Bench
I really don't understand the "Seward did it" defence.

He was an employee of Parra at the time, So by extension anything he did, Parra did.

Even if he did the whole thing all by himself with no help what so ever (which is laughable), It makes zero difference, he was an agent of the club.

If they try to argue that they had no knowledge his actions, then they STILL deserve punishment for being stupid and not knowing what was happening at the club.

Gronk

Staff member

He was an employee of Parra at the time, So by extension anything he did, Parra did.

Even if he did the whole thing all by himself with no help what so ever (which is laughable), It makes zero difference, he was an agent of the club.

If they try to argue that they had no knowledge his actions, then they STILL deserve punishment for being stupid and not knowing what was happening at the club.

Agree, Prolly pissing into the wind with this appeal.

Dibs

Bench
I think that it's pretty clear that Sharp etc uncovered a shit storm.

There was in interesting comment by one merkin from the club who said that they approached Dave Smith who said "sort it out yourself".

Then there was a comment by Greenberg that basically said that shit happens different under his watch. I read that as that he had no choice because the media got him the job and now the media demanded that the Eels go down. Quid pro quo.

So Sharp & Co decided to "trade out". The intent was to slowly rid themselves of dodgy TPAs and replace them with legit. The only problem was that they would have to continue to commit cap breaches for the short term.

Enter the whistle blower who for his own political (rather than ethical or moral) reasons felt it necessary to bring the club to it's knees.

The sub-plot to all of this is how the very man who handed out the punishment to our club, was mentoring our CEO at the exact time that he was at his dodgy peak.

I LOL at the whistle blower BTW. The chances of his cronies getting control of the club has now never been further from reach.

It does seem that it's turned into a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Greensburg is untouchable in the media, it was them that put him there.

So why should be be surprised that the NRL is leaking like a sieve???

T-Boon

Coach

This would all just go away if Greenberg would release his mates record of interview. Thats the document he has stamped 'never to be released'.
Everyone is just intrigued to see it (except for the media interestingly).

ash411

Bench
This would all just go away if Greenberg would release his mates record of interview. Thats the document he has stamped 'never to be released'.
Everyone is just intrigued to see it (except for the media interestingly).
What good would it do? What's the point?

Pretty much right. It is probably more in the interest of the other individuals against whom findings have been made, than in the interests of the club.