What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels.v Round One 2018 Team List Thread

Gronk

Staff member
If they put us on first, then they can have my seat for 4 schooners and a packet of peanuts.

Gronk

Staff member
Exactly? ... who gets seats? ... do i lose another home game cos some bum rabbit fan is sitting in my good seat while i sit in the nose bleeds?

What is the motivation for a double header? To pretend we can fill a stadium? ... i see no point really

Given that this will be an Eels Home Game, as a Member you will receive access into this Blockbuster Event as part of your 2018 Membership providing you access to not one, but two outstanding NRL games. The unique nature of this exciting event and the fact we will need to accommodate our fans as well as the South’s, it is most likely that you will not be sitting in your usual seat at this game. More information regarding seating allocation will be available for Members in the coming weeks.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2017/10/10/important_members_in.html

strider

Post Whore
They can talk all the blah blah blah in the world ... i would like to know the actual purpose of a double header ... and im willing to bet the majority of people who go wont be f**ked watching the other game

They can talk all the blah blah blah in the world ... i would like to know the actual purpose of a double header ... and im willing to bet the majority of people who go wont be f**ked watching the other game

Its all about sharing or reducing game day expenses. The game makes all its money from TV rights not people actually attending the games. They are lucky to break even there. There will be more and more of these and TG will spruik how successful they are and the fans love them blah blah blah. You watch

Bazal

Post Whore
Personally I enjoyed the one double header I went to. But I went with some Dogs and Dragons fans as well as Eels fans. Might be a different story if your mates don't have any interest in the other game I suppose.

strider

Post Whore
What time will Presidents Cup kickoff? Do they also get a double header?
The NRL sorted that out - they f**ked u20s off

Infact the nrl's new policy is to play quadruple headers - every sydney game at one ground on the same day ... first game kicks off at the great 8am timeslot

Noise

Coach
The NRL sorted that out - they f**ked u20s off

Infact the nrl's new policy is to play quadruple headers - every sydney game at one ground on the same day ... first game kicks off at the great 8am timeslot

That would be pretty sweet. Be like getting blind all day at the cricket

Incorrect

Coach
That would be pretty sweet. Be like getting blind all day at the cricket
Jason Taylor could get plastered in the safety of the coaches box assisting Trent Robinson and not worry about getting kicked out like he did that time from the SCG Hill!

hindy111

Post Whore
If we do not recruit anymore we will start quite low on power rankings.
There is teams on way up and some with so many young playet who will improve their squad.
Currently I have the eels outside top 8 in power rankings. We lost one of our top 5 players and only signing so far Kane Evans.
There is about 4-5 players on way up but most are in peak already and why we need 3 new faces.
People who think Dogs or Dragons wont improve are mad. Panthers have a squad full of kids and Roosters also have a lot of players still too reach peak.
Not to forget Cowboys who will add JT and Scott to team while guys like Hess will syart to show true potential.
The easy beats in Knights and Tigers will also be stronger. Will be no easy games in 2018.
We need to strengthen.

hindy111

Post Whore
Titans, Canberra i still expect to fire.
I reckon Hayne who always had the 1 off year only to bounce back better will have the titans marching. His ego was hurt and watch Hayne boy become elite again.

Incorrect

Coach
Titans, Canberra i still expect to fire.
I reckon Hayne who always had the 1 off year only to bounce back better will have the titans marching. His ego was hurt and watch Hayne boy become elite again.

Well we know what sort of season he had last time he palyed for Fiji in a league world cup.... came out the following season, or at lest the 2nd half of that season, and went on a tear the likes we haven't seen before or since.... 9 years older now though.... odds are stacked against him....