What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels.v Round One 2018 Team List Thread

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If we do not recruit anymore we will start quite low on power rankings.
There is teams on way up and some with so many young playet who will improve their squad.
Currently I have the eels outside top 8 in power rankings. We lost one of our top 5 players and only signing so far Kane Evans.
There is about 4-5 players on way up but most are in peak already and why we need 3 new faces.
People who think Dogs or Dragons wont improve are mad. Panthers have a squad full of kids and Roosters also have a lot of players still too reach peak.
Not to forget Cowboys who will add JT and Scott to team while guys like Hess will syart to show true potential.
The easy beats in Knights and Tigers will also be stronger. Will be no easy games in 2018.
We need to strengthen.
Besides French, Gutherson, Moses, Alvaro, Kritchard and Moeroa (and possibly Norman and Auva'a) improving we have the benefit of a settled squad for the first time in years. New faces can be a significant disruption to a team and we'll potentially only have one in next year's round one team.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well we know what sort of season he had last time he palyed for Fiji in a league world cup.... came out the following season, or at lest the 2nd half of that season, and went on a tear the likes we haven't seen before or since.... 9 years older now though.... odds are stacked against him....
At 30 next year he should be at his peak. Slater is 34 FFS

hindy111

Post Whore
Besides French, Gutherson, Moses, Alvaro, Kritchard and Moeroa (and possibly Norman and Auva'a) improving we have the benefit of a settled squad for the first time in years. New faces can be a significant disruption to a team and we'll potentially only have one in next year's round one team.

Gutherson getting back to where he was would be a huge effort.
Bevan was disappointing this season. Injury plagued did not help. But Will Smith had just as many good games as Bevan.
Of that list how many have a heap of improvement? Alvaro will get a little better. But I do not see a huge gain.
Moses and Tepai are the only two I see who can go up another gear. The other could play a little better.

I look at for example the Penrith Panthers. Eliminated at the same time. Guys like Cleary,RCG,DWZ,Blake,JFH,Yeo, CHN,May,Cartwright,Kikau,Edwards,Katoa have not reached peak. So id say lot of improvement. Also throw in Moylan. Only Wallace is in decline.

Roosters though have some genuine superstars coming into there squad and guys like Latrell who could turn elite next season. Id say bar injury they will be close to a good thing. Origins players all over the place. Kiwi internationals. Superstar juniors. It is a great squad they have compiled. Chance are they start No 1 on my list.

Bazal

Post Whore
2 knee recos to same knee.... May take 12mths to get back to fill form.

He'll be sweet. He's a great trainer, in the best profession for dealing with injuries. He's never relied on lightning speed or big steps so he hasn't got a key skill that will be affected badly

Bazal

Post Whore
C'mon it's Gutho, the ultimate professional. He's so dedicated to getting better that all he eats these days is live goldfish, which he breeds himself. He'll be ripping it up in no time.

They're high in protein and they keep you fuller for longer by swimming around in a desperate fight for life, so you easily beat calorie targets

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gutherson getting back to where he was would be a huge effort.
Bevan was disappointing this season. Injury plagued did not help. But Will Smith had just as many good games as Bevan.
Of that list how many have a heap of improvement? Alvaro will get a little better. But I do not see a huge gain.
Moses and Tepai are the only two I see who can go up another gear. The other could play a little better.

I look at for example the Penrith Panthers. Eliminated at the same time. Guys like Cleary,RCG,DWZ,Blake,JFH,Yeo, CHN,May,Cartwright,Kikau,Edwards,Katoa have not reached peak. So id say lot of improvement. Also throw in Moylan. Only Wallace is in decline.

Roosters though have some genuine superstars coming into there squad and guys like Latrell who could turn elite next season. Id say bar injury they will be close to a good thing. Origins players all over the place. Kiwi internationals. Superstar juniors. It is a great squad they have compiled. Chance are they start No 1 on my list.
Wow another post fapping over Penrith while talking down the Eels, who’da Thunk it????

They still have the same Mong coaching them so are no hope whatsoever.