What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels v Titans LIVE Game day thread

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
As good as we played last night, we din't look like a top 4 team imo. If we want to go deep into September we need to do better.

Bazal

Post Whore
As good as we played last night, we din't look like a top 4 team imo. If we want to go deep into September we need to do better.

We looked like a team that was playing safe. Then we looked like a team that still managed to win easily despite an uninvited rogering from the Square Up Brigade.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
We looked like a team that was playing safe. Then we looked like a team that still managed to win easily despite an uninvited rogering from the Square Up Brigade.

do you reckon we are a top 4 team, forget what the ladder says

Bazal

Post Whore
do you reckon we are a top 4 team, forget what the ladder says

I didn't mention the top 4...I think we'd have won much more comfortably if not for the square ups so I think it's rough to judge us harshly based on the way we played last night. We went out there playing safety first to do our best to guarantee a win and just when we started to open the game up they made that horrible call on the Semi try and the refs on field obviously wanted to square the ledger a bit after that call. Which meant we couldn't blow the game open the way we were obviously looking to.

I reckon we're as inconsistent as the other sides fighting for a top 4 spot....I don't think are a 4 genuine Top 4 sides this season.

Bazal

Post Whore
way to sit on the fence Baz

Not really. I think the only genuine top 4 team this year is Melbourne. Maybe Brisbane at a stretch. Then there are a bunch of sides that would probably just make 4th or be 5th or 6th in a more defined year fighting for the other three spots. And we're one of those sides. So yes, this season we're a fringe top 4 side...it's all relative. Sometimes the top 6 could all be top 4 sides and you've got a big gap between the bottom of the 8 and the next tier of sides. This year is just a more even year

TheParraboy

Staff member
And Edwards was fantastic at the end. When the kick off went out and we had the line drop out he was doing the video ref signal to the ref and then touchy and then when we scored, love seeing the refs cop shit for being shit!

Haha yeah I saw that as well.

wouldn't have been surprised in the slightest if the merkins sent kenny off to the bin for that.

Incompetent gits

Kornstar

Coach
Did the Roosters look like a top 4 side when they were smashed by Manly 2 weeks ago?

You can't look top 4 every single game. I'd say we looked top 4 against the Broncos, also the first half of the Bulldogs game.

Last week we looked like the wooden spoon team and last night looked like they were playing exactly how they should have played last week.

Both RvRRRRRRRR's missed opportunities are converted then we win by 30+ points.

Sure we did some dumb things but we defended them and only had 2 tries scored against us while they had shot after shot at us for like 20 mins.

Ultimately the ladder will determine if we are a top 4 side. Whether we think we are is irrelevant because right now, we are a top 4 side.

Over thinking it is pointless and that is when you get hindy111 telling everyone that Penrith are the best team in the comp because they lost a couple of close ones earlier and now have to win out to guarantee a finals spot.........

hindy111

Post Whore
Not really. I think the only genuine top 4 team this year is Melbourne. Maybe Brisbane at a stretch. Then there are a bunch of sides that would probably just make 4th or be 5th or 6th in a more defined year fighting for the other three spots. And we're one of those sides. So yes, this season we're a fringe top 4 side...it's all relative. Sometimes the top 6 could all be top 4 sides and you've got a big gap between the bottom of the 8 and the next tier of sides. This year is just a more even year

Roosters are. Different team with cprdner friend amd gordon back.
The next 7 teams isnt a lot between.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
TBH while i probably yelled obscenities for each no try decision against us they were probably mostly right and at least 50/50 calls that could go either way ... there were in play decisions that went the titans way that shitted me more ... some poor calls that left us defending countless sets

The one thing that did shit me was jennings no try ... ref has approx 5 milliseconds to see it live n make a call .... the bunker has numerous good angles of it tomake a decision ... yet they come up with insufficient evidence ... you had clear angles of it - you had to watch it 20 times to try and find a knock on - if its that hard to see if he knocked on then he f**kin didnt - dont go back to an onfield call made for the sake of making a call .... the only time the video should not make a call is when they dont have a camera angle - otherwise they are in the best position to f**king decide
I thought by the letter of the rules that Jennings knocked on. But it's a stupid rule. If the ball is loose and no merkin is in possession it should be a free for all until some merkin secures it. There should be no knock on until after the player has control of the ball. Otherwise it's just dumb and you get blokes penalised for bad luck.

Kornstar

Coach
I just saw the replay of the Semi try.

Semi goes to pick it up and Copley strips it out of his hands (this is where the commentary team are saying he loses it, but he doesn't, it is stripped) and Copley loses it forward.

Semi then effectively traps it with his hand on the ground (the only place where there may have been the slightest bobble) and from then he controls it without losing control and picks it up to run away and score.

I don't think there was anything "clear" about a knock on. I understand why they went with the on field ref call. It would not have been a try if they ruled the other way imo, text book 50/50 call that amazingly went our way.........we were punished for it for the rest of the game though........

forward pass

Coach
Last night confirmed that Nathan Peats is so incredibly over rated. I know he is a favourite amongst our fans but I have never been impressed by him. He is tough and sets a good line speed in defence I'll give him that, but he has no running game. He really doesn't threaten.

Give me Cam King anyday !!