What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels v Week One Finals Team List Thread

Kornstar

Coach
So, Brad is going to tell the lads "We are going to throw this game because we can't beat them twice. Of course, this makes this weekends game easier on me because nobody expects us to win and we have no chance anyway."

Not quite what I'm saying. I'm thinking it from my own point of view. If we lose to them but it is close I would be more confident of beating them in the GF, rather than beating them now and then having to face them again in the GF.

Bellamy is a pretty damn fine coach with some pretty damn good players.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
remember back in 2009 when the dragons were minor premiers then we beat them and the broncos knocked them out wouldn't it be great if that happened to the storm

I hope the boys can look at a recording of that game. I watched the replay of it today and there's so many things that came back into my memory from that day. Leading up to it we weren't given much hope cause of the week before getting beat by 30-0, only once in the McIntyre system history has 8th beaten 1st, everything was against us. We were given no chance.

Similar story going into this one, although some experts reckon we're a big chance, most of the talk has been how good the Storm are.

Anyway, if you watch the Dragons game in 2009 they basically threw everything at us for the first 20 minutes and only came away with a penalty goal. Our defence was on, if the wingers got close to scoring there were about 3-4 defenders sliding and pushing the bloke into touch.

Then we got down the other end, we put a bomb up and contested it which resulted in a try.

These are the sort of plays that can keep us in the game against the Storm. Grab every opportunity. I don't want them going into the game thinking that if we lose we're got a second chance.

I'm confident they can really challenge them. Cmon boys!!!

Bandwagon

Staff member
if we are seriously up to go all the way to the GF, then it really starts this weekend. I won't be overly pissed off if we lose, but I will be if we lose like f**kin' loosers lose.

Stevie

Bench
There is a lot of semen being sprayed around at the moment.

Its still early in the week. We need to taper the pump.

I am trying to taper, but first finals since 09 is tough... This is me tapering. For now.

200.gif

forward pass

Coach
I hope the boys can look at a recording of that game. I watched the replay of it today and there's so many things that came back into my memory from that day. Leading up to it we weren't given much hope cause of the week before getting beat by 30-0, only once in the McIntyre system history has 8th beaten 1st, everything was against us. We were given no chance.

Nah . That was the most thrown game in the history of thrown games. We didn't try one bit !

hindy111

Post Whore
Parra opened at 3.85. Now at 4.90. They are blowing harder then El dicko and Hineyrulz sharing a hotel room for the night.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There's more than one reason why Gary's no longer allowed to swim with the sharks. And that includes under supervision.

Stevie

Bench
My tip. Vave omitted replaced by Gower on the bench.
What makes you think that mate? More mobile, safer?

I personally hope we go there to play some footy. Teams often get caught trying to grind out a win there and you don't do that to Melbourne