What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels v Week One Finals Team List Thread

Gazzamatta

Coach
What makes you think that mate? More mobile, safer?

I personally hope we go there to play some footy. Teams often get caught trying to grind out a win there and you don't do that to Melbourne
I reckon Scott will play 50 mins in the middle. Then theres Mannah, Alvaro, Matagi plus Tepai with up to 60 mins as well as Browns 80 minutes. We need fitness and speed to beat Melbourne, both of which Vave lacks. Defence is the key. Also Gower offers better coverage. His last game was terrific.

phantom eel

First Grade
Agree with Gower getting a run in the 17, he's more reliable and against the Strom we need a platform (rather than impact) and solid defence from our forwards, and our backs can do the rest.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If he didn't play against Souths I doubt we'll see Kritchard again this year unless King gets injured.

Maybe BA didn't want two players returning from injury on the bench. BA mentioned they only planned on giving Scott 20 mins, so I assume they also plan to ease Pritchard back thus this would have stuffed our bench rotation last week.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It's amazing that it always happens on your attempts
I guess catching yourself out is still a 'catch'.
throwing_fish_net_fail.gif

lingard

Coach
What makes you think that mate? More mobile, safer?

I personally hope we go there to play some footy. Teams often get caught trying to grind out a win there and you don't do that to Melbourne

I agree. you have to be positive against the storm. Teams often give them too much respect - and try not to lose, rather than try to beat them. I suspect we are one of the few teams that won't get caught in that trap. We need to go out from the first minute and just take the game to them.

hindy111

Post Whore
There's more than one reason why Gary's no longer allowed to swim with the sharks. And that includes under supervision.
I reckon Scott will play 50 mins in the middle. Then theres Mannah, Alvaro, Matagi plus Tepai with up to 60 mins as well as Browns 80 minutes. We need fitness and speed to beat Melbourne, both of which Vave lacks. Defence is the key. Also Gower offers better coverage. His last game was terrific.

Vave best game of year was against Storm. Made 168mtrs.
I agree though. Id lean towards Frank for aggression.A bench of Scott,KE,Matagi,Frank really would turn the aggresion up a notch.

hindy111

Post Whore
Gower is safe. Frank has finals experience. Between those 2 and Vave I am happy with whoever coach goes for.

Anyone think Hoffman may come in for Smith?

Gazzamatta

Coach
Gower is safe. Frank has finals experience. Between those 2 and Vave I am happy with whoever coach goes for.

Anyone think Hoffman may come in for Smith?
Im sure if he were match fit he would get the gig for sure. Regretfully, too little recent game time.
Also.
I dont get the Pritchard love. Hed be the last bloke Id pick. Too little game time and too many critical defensive misses in his 2017 resume.

Eelogical

Referee
Are the lads already in Melbourne acclimatising to the local environment? A howling wind off the bay, snow and sunshine all within an hour of each other. The local nuffies and night life. They should add a pre-game boxing match in preparation for the main event. Brad V Bellyache would be a good-un.

Latest posts