What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels v Week One Finals Team List Thread

hindy111

Post Whore
So when we do it it's 'good tactics' but when the Storm do it they 'change the game for the worse'....hmmmm

Cam smith will talk to reffs for 2mins and get away with it.
Graheme does same for dogs. When we conceede a penalty it never ends in a 2 mjn chat with reff.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Bellamy started it 7 weeks ago when we beat them. He complained then.
BA got in first. One quick comment. Bellamy carried on for 2mins. It hit a nerve.
Do you think BA saying nothing would have them less fired up? Of course not. You do down there. You call them cheats. You mock them. You frustrate them.
All teams give away penalties inside the 20. For the reason it only cost you a few extra tackles. Same as Cam smith always has a 2min chat with reffs to buy his team time. For me that should be 5 in bin. And if you give away a penalty inside 20 i reckon 1 players should be sidelined for that set of six.
But the rules need to be changed. Same goes for 7 tackle sets. Your penalising a team for being aggressive in attack.

I was more saying that Arthur was trying to rile them up, to get their minds focussed on emotion.

Graheme does same for dogs. When we conceede a penalty it never ends in a 2 mjn chat with reff.
That's a stat I'd like to see, in comparison to time spent talking to other captains. Get onto it Daily telegraph, you lazy snoops.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I wasn't talking about chats to refs. That's something completely random and different.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Bellamy started it 7 weeks ago when we beat them. He complained then.
BA got in first. One quick comment. Bellamy carried on for 2mins. It hit a nerve.
Do you think BA saying nothing would have them less fired up? Of course not. You do down there. You call them cheats. You mock them. You frustrate them.
All teams give away penalties inside the 20. For the reason it only cost you a few extra tackles. Same as Cam smith always has a 2min chat with reffs to buy his team time. For me that should be 5 in bin. And if you give away a penalty inside 20 i reckon 1 players should be sidelined for that set of six.
But the rules need to be changed. Same goes for 7 tackle sets. Your penalising a team for being aggressive in attack.
It actually started last year when BA made a comment about Bellamy's crooked teeth.

hindy111

Post Whore
Talking to reffs is a bigger ploy. A penalty and a quick tap is a great advantage to attacking team.

A 60 second break sets the defense and players regain there energy. This is where the advantage to defense comes. Just should be banned completely. Its a ploy to slow down the game.

hindy111

Post Whore
And the reffs fall for it everytime. They just go walk away walkaway and he keeps arguing and then the if I have to tell you one more time....He trots off and his jibs is done. Line is set and away they go.

hindy111

Post Whore
We owe Melbourne for 2007 and 2009. Would be great to knock them off and have them play the Sharks in sudden death a week later.

They wouldnt though. Cause they finished 1st theyd play 6th or 7th.
We would play the highest ranked winner if we lost cause we are the highest ranked loser.

strider

Post Whore
Yeah im pretty sure the "highest ranked loser" blah blah blah stuff stopped when they changed the system to top 4 n bottom 4

Screw this, I'm not tempting fate anymore. Let's just go home...

https://giphy.com/gifs/strange-accident-V1u2eoj5u3sI0
strange-accident-V1u2eoj5u3sI0

T.S Quint

Coach
I'm glad the have been words between the coaches in public.
You've got to sell the game. It gets people talking about it, makes it more interesting.

I hope there's more said between the two teams. I know we don't stand much of a chance and so will most likely blow up in our faces, but you've got to sell the sport somehow. Mayweather and McGregor knew how to do it.