What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels vs Titans game day thread

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
And injuries. Who knows Foz might have been playing if he didn't have a bung shoulder. Throw Semi in as well. Lost Taka, Manah, Jennings, Kaysa. Prolly a bunch more.
The problem is we have had injuries but our back ups have also been injured (or left)

We lost our back up halves and centres (Kelly, Cornish, Morgan, Falou, vai). Plus Kelepi would have probably got a start by now.

Terrible run with missing personnel this year.

The fact that the boys are still turning up and having a dig is a good sign.

Positives include seeing Gutherson at 6 for the rest of the season and possibly French at the back for a bit.

hindy111

Post Whore
Terrible run with missing personnel this year.

The fact that the boys are still turning up and having a dig is a good sign.

Positives include seeing Gutherson at 6 for the rest of the season and possibly French at the back for a bit.

Also Tepai has stepped his game up big time over the last month.And Alvaro gets some game time along with Rory to see what they can do/develop.

Chipmunk

Coach
I don't think it's a coincidence that the only two games this season that we weren't really in the contest (Titans and Storm) were games where Beau Scott didn't play or went off injured after 7 minutes.

He's an extremely important element to this team.

Last edited:

Kornstar

Coach
I don't think it's a coincidence that the only two games this season that we weren't really in the contest (Titans and Storm) were games were Beau Scott didn't play or went off injured after 7 minutes.

He's an extremely important element to this team.

Agreed, it was the main reason I really didn't have a good feeling before the game.

Forty20

First Grade
Our pack has taken some great steps forwards but the handful of times the Scott has been absent have shown just how integral he is to our team. Absolute beast.

strider

Post Whore
So where does our next Beau Scott come from? .. he can't have too many more seasons in him and his game time is down now

Do we need to try and sign another experienced hard head?

Noise

Coach
So where does our next Beau Scott come from? .. he can't have too many more seasons in him and his game time is down now

I have no idea where one would come from but i think we will certainly need one once he retires. I don't think any of our current players (even the younger ones) will ever bring what Scott brings.

Gazzamatta

Coach
How do you think this team would have performed versus the Titans last night?
Moss
Semi
Jennings
Morgan
Vai
Norman
Cornish
Foran
Scott
Peats
Tanginoa
Prichard
Paulo.

Not a bad team I reckon.

Noise

Coach
How do you think this team would have performed versus the Titans last night?
Moss
Semi
Jennings
Morgan
Vai
Norman
Cornish
Foran
Scott
Peats
Tanginoa
Prichard
Paulo.

Not a bad team I reckon.

I'm not sure Foran as a front rower would have worked

natheel

Coach

Could come from within? Moeroa is still only 20 and could be that type of player once Scott retires. Especially considering it seems Moeroa has been under his wing.

dazeely

First Grade
Hugh is the media bloke for the Eels

That is absolutely awesome the team did that. And yes with the year they have had its very pleasing to read this.

However I was very disappointed that the team did not acknowledge the eels fans at the game with a quick lap after the game. They quickly disappeared into the sheds. Only kenny, alvaro and later cody spoke with supporters. Lots of eels supporters hung around but to no avail.

Corey Norman was very good with the fans before the game (mind you he needed to).

forward pass

Coach
Could come from within? Moeroa is still only 20 and could be that type of player once Scott retires. Especially considering it seems Moeroa has been under his wing.

I really don't have a huge wrap on Tepai. He tried his arse off the other night and good on him. But he has no offload, rarely breaks the line, does not have a passing game, rarely puts a big hit on in defence, and for a big massive unit he just does not seem to put a dent in the defence. How many try assists or tries does he have?

Personally, he is not the answer.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I really don't have a huge wrap on Tepai. He tried his arse off the other night and good on him. But he has no offload, rarely breaks the line, does not have a passing game, rarely puts a big hit on in defence, and for a big massive unit he just does not seem to put a dent in the defence. How many try assists or tries does he have?

Personally, he is not the answer.
Bit Harsh IMO, up till the Souths game I would of agreed with you but he had looked so much better playing out wide again. He threw a great inside ball to Gordon to set up a try against Souths and nearly did the same against the Titans but did the right thing and held the ball.

Latest posts