Eels vs Titans Game Day Thread

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Gronk, Mar 17, 2017.

1. lingard

lingard First Grade

But, as opposed to other years, we now have plenty of salary cap space to buy another half or hooker if we need it. We're laughing, really.

emjaycee likes this.
  2. lingard

lingard First Grade

If I was the coach I'd be trying gradually to give them experience at running the show while Norman is on the field. Because he will also need to learn that it's okay to take a back seat sometimes.

3. forward pass

forward pass First Grade

Ha ha.

Having a quick view of this thread this morning is comedy gold. fmd some of you are a pack of whinging merkins.

Seriously, some of you should be embarrassed by some of the rubbish you post on here. waaaaah - it was the referees fault we lost , waaaah - it was Greenburgs fault we lost - waaaaah - it is an NRL conspiracy against us. I mean some of the comments are so childish and ridiculous it is hard to comprehend that grown men have posted them (assumingly).

waaaah - Semi piss off to France, waaaah - Piss of Kaysa out of the club because he has the f**king audacity to get injured. Some 'supporters' on here can't even spell the players names right - Who the f**k is Hauffman?

Get a grip everyone. We put in a shocker. How many clubs have not put one in so far this season - Storm and Roosters and the Knights - that is it. It happens. Players have poor games, teams have poor performances. Why do we people find this so hard to comprehend. Gutho has been good - suddenly he is shit. Same for Semi, same for Taka ..blah blah blah.

If we did this every week - I would be going off too. But seriously, one poor performance and everyone turns on them. Unbelievable.

The Colonel, 84 Baby, Djay and 6 others like this.
  4. Gronk

Gronk Immortal

Yep Nth Qld who are almost everyones 2017 favs lost in a similar fashion. Too many errors vs side that wanted it more.

5. Gronk

Gronk Immortal

6. emjaycee

emjaycee First Grade

Charged and pleaded guilty already.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2017/03/20/moeroa_enters_early_.html

The list on the NRL site seems only to be an extract and cover Saturday and Sunday games as Thaiday got charged from Thursday nights game but isnt list above.

http://www.nrl.com/thaiday-charged-with-contrary-conduct/tabid/10874/newsid/104754/default.aspx

7. Gronk

Gronk Immortal

Thanks !

8. Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful Coach

Agreed. It wasn't a great performance but we are still 2 from 3 and haven't suddenly lost all of our ability.

9. Eelementary

Eelementary Immortal

I was annoyed we lost, but given our new spine, I'd rather play like crap in round 3, instead of round 26...

Better we get the shit out of our system now, imo.

10. eel01s

eel01s Juniors

I still think that if we had managed to hold the ball we would have won comfortably. I take comfort in the fact that nobody would have been more upset than BA.

11. The EELiminator

The EELiminator Coach

i'm glad i'm not a parra player today facing brad at training would be a scary experience

12. Eelogical

Eelogical Juniors

We need an angry red-faced BA pic ala coach Toovey.

13. emjaycee

emjaycee First Grade

upload_2017-3-20_19-15-30.png

hineyrulz likes this.
  14. PARRA_FAN

PARRA_FAN Coach

I think so many people not just here but other league fans expected us to win cause we up against a "reserve grade" team, but sometimes that's not great preparation. You've got to turn up every week no matter who you're up against. Every game in the NRL at this stage is a tough game to pick.

Look I was disappointed with the performance but I feel with Norman back we can get the combinations right, our attitude will be a lot better and just play the basics.

Every team has their bad loss every year but sometimes bounce back and be a completely different team.

15. Bandwagon

Bandwagon First Grade

You could almost take the Roosters out of that list, whilst they haven't played like arse for a whole game, they were diabolical against the Tits in the second half of round one

16. 84 Baby

84 Baby First Grade

I'd be happy with the season going 2 wins then a game playing like 8 year olds on repeat. Until the finals... don't bring that shit then.

Plus

17. emjaycee

emjaycee First Grade

Yeah, 16 wins and 8 losses (= 2 byes) would have had us in 4th the last 2 years and equal 1st in 2014.

18. Chipmunk

Chipmunk First Grade

I think 16 wins won't be far away from first this season.

emjaycee likes this.