What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England v Australia @ DW Stadium, Wigan

England v Australia; Who will win (or draw)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wiganjohn

Juniors
country rugby league would have more young potential than the whole of England.
Can't say i saw any evidence of that on saturday!

Raudonikis

Juniors
what a laugh,gee these poms come out of the woodwork praising a team that was shown up in 40 minutes of footy.

Goddo

Bench
Its okay. they will all go back under their bridges after four nations and start cheering for their soccer teams again. Another national English team that struggles to win the big comps becuase of too much imported tallent in its domestic competitions.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
The Ausies were given too much respect on saturday. England should have come out and played their game from minute 1 and not held back because they didnt want to lose. If England had played from minute 1 Australia would be out of the competition.
I still believe that Australia are not the best team in the world, and this will become more obvious when some of their old cart horses i.e civoniciva, lockyer etc.. are not replaced with the same quality.
English rugby league has more young potential than Australian rugby league, fact.
In the coming years no team in the world will compete with england, tomkins, burgess, crabtree, hall and eastmond, pure class.
Oh and it was great to see the Ausies get knocked about on saturday aswell, not that hard are they!
Bring on the Kiwis, lets give them a good knock about!

While those players you mentioned from England are players for the future, for every player us Kiwis and England produce, Australia will always unearth a dozen more.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I'm not even going to bother trying to quote that nonsense.

Good lord you couldn't make less sense if you tried. But I will attempt one last retort to your rambling evasive argument.

Again, after conveniently ignoring the facts placed before you, you bring up some completely irrelevant
point about having played league as if it has any bearing on the current discussion. Clearly the last resort of one who is desperate - demand to see their cards and hope to god that yours will stack up. But to answer your question, yes I have played league. At schoolboy level and country league as an adult. Unfortunately I've never had the chance to play at Rep level, but I fail to see its relevance to this disussion other than a chance for you to beat your chest and feel better about yourself after I dismantled your argument.

If that is your goal then who am I to stand in your way.

Cue the beating

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
You had a point??
I thought that was me you have just been trolling.

And like alot of things in league the last 10min all of a sudden the rules are used to effect a whole lot more such as the stopping of the clock at 25min into a game ref will hardly ever stop the clock but last 10min clock is being stopped for any reason.

My name was chosen to remember another sad day in australian sportsmanship you are correct.. clearly nothing changes.

chiponshoulder.jpg

Cuppy

Juniors
So let me get this right, because the English out scored the Aussies in the second half of a match, that was out of there reach after the first half, the English are the way of the future. :lol::lol: Gee ive never heard that before. You would think the English Rugby League had accually won something worth while in last what 30 years. The English are flat out winning the bloody coin toss you clowns.

wiganjohn, You say "If England had played from minute 1 Australia would be out of the competition"

What If the Aussies keep playing well and didnt drop there bundell and play like crap in the second half. It would have been a big score line.

Is this the reality, England lost and are now the better team, Yeah right.:lol::lol:

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
The Ausies were given too much respect on saturday. England should have come out and played their game from minute 1 and not held back because they didnt want to lose. If England had played from minute 1 Australia would be out of the competition.
I still believe that Australia are not the best team in the world, and this will become more obvious when some of their old cart horses i.e civoniciva, lockyer etc.. are not replaced with the same quality.
English rugby league has more young potential than Australian rugby league, fact.
In the coming years no team in the world will compete with england, tomkins, burgess, crabtree, hall and eastmond, pure class.
Oh and it was great to see the Ausies get knocked about on saturday aswell, not that hard are they!

You must be off your f**king head. We have very limited potential. Englands only saving grace is our ability to produce world class forwards.

In the NRL there's an Eastmond-standard player in every first grade team. And 2 potential Eastmond players in the reserves.

There is no doubt the Australian system produces the goods.

In 10 years or so I'd like to think England, New Zealand and Austalia are all on an even keel. With France and PNG close to being properly competetive and claiming the odd victory other the established 3. But in the immediate future England doesn't have sh*t.

We're relying on our forwards just as Australia are their backs. The only difference is the Australian League system is a well oiled machine that consistantly produces international quality players.

Where as the English system is more like a broken clock. It's right twice a day and every few years we get a few token players who are top draw.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Wait, I thought Australia were sh*t RugbyHighlights

You are sh*t. But you're in a transitional period. Your problem is forwards and I expect that problem to be fixed by next year. Such is the the Australian ability to produce players.

However, that doesn't mean you aren't in a slump now. I still anticipate you to lose the final against New Zealand or England.

Goddo

Bench
Err, no. Transition, yeah maybe. Sh!t, no.

Australia played poorly against new zealand and switched off in the second half against England, but I think this has more to do with the coach Tim Sheans being an absolute spanner (note most Tigers fans hate him at club level, he only got the national job because noone else wanted it). Injury and selection has been the problem with the forwards, not the quality.

Some selections were terrible, the way he had the players playing was confusing. Look at the interview with JT after the Kiwi game. He was complaining that the game play introduced by Sheans didn't suit the team and Smith, Lockyer and himself were struggling with his ideas. I think they should just ignore him and go it as they would normally tbh.

That all said, Australia will still win the tournament easily. I would like to see England in the final and even win it, as it would be good for the game, but it won't happen. Stupid Union and Soccer will steal the lime light even if it happened in the UK anyway.

UnderArm

Juniors

Your kidding knock the kiwis about? England be top of the world? wont be alive to see eitha of these days lol.

UnderArm

Juniors
Good lord you couldn't make less sense if you tried. But I will attempt one last retort to your rambling evasive argument.

Again, after conveniently ignoring the facts placed before you, you bring up some completely irrelevant
point about having played league as if it has any bearing on the current discussion. Clearly the last resort of one who is desperate - demand to see their cards and hope to god that yours will stack up. But to answer your question, yes I have played league. At schoolboy level and country league as an adult. Unfortunately I've never had the chance to play at Rep level, but I fail to see its relevance to this disussion other than a chance for you to beat your chest and feel better about yourself after I dismantled your argument.

BORING you still think insulting me will rally you up support..
Your team showed bad sportsman behaviour enough said.
I spent my days playing the game as hard as I could not sitting at my computer trying to sound intelligent and support badsportsman behaviour..

BTW Being orange boy isnt really considered being in the team but thanks we do enjoy a good orange at half time. knob

If that is your goal then who am I to stand in your way.

Cue the beating

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Still haven't figured out that pesky quoting system huh? Don't worry, it'll come. Maybe you should spend less time calling out people for their experience and being shown up.

UnderArm said:
BORING you still think insulting me will rally you up support..

UnderArm said:

More delicious ironing

UnderArm said:
BTW Being orange boy isnt really considered being in the team but thanks we do enjoy a good orange at half time.
Excellent retort. Did you get that one from Misty? I hope you don't bring out the big guns. I don't know how I will cope with: "I know you are but what am I?"

UnderArm said:
I spent my days playing the game as hard as I could not sitting at my computer trying to sound intelligent and support badsportsman behaviour..
So in other words you've got nothing and are just repeating yourself. Well done.

You know you're a hypocrite for branding the Aussies bad sports for wasting time, while not giving a toss if any other side does it. You have been embarrassed. It's best you scamper off now before you do yourself any further harm.

Last edited:

roughyedspud

Coach
the gap in our right center is as big as the gap left by the world cup that is'nt in your cabinet anymore...