What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England v Oz Affiliated States - RLWC warm up game

They're mad if they don't play teams like Country, Qld Rangers and AAS. They are good sides but no chance of beating the pro teams.

Only problem is the f**kwits at the NRL have forced the CRL to make Country an under 23s side so it won't be as strong.

Nuke

Staff member
I must admit, I've known about the England vs Australian Affiliated States game for about a month or so now, and have been waiting for it to be announced to see how people react to it. Of course, the AAS team isn't going to be much opposition to England, however the benefit of it is that it's being played in Perth (apparently at Wayne Bennett's request, as he is using Perth as England's pre-RLWC base) and that some players that I know of in the local league here who were going to go to union (or did for one or two games) are staying or have come back to League as they want to make this AAS team and play against the likes of the Burgess boys, James Graham, ect. There is already interest from the WA sports fans in this game too. It won't be until October, but there is interest here already, so it can only be good for promoting League in a non-traditionally League area.

Mahe Fonua is Victorian born and raised so he can play centre for Affiliated States.

I think there is one other Victorian star in the NRL.

paulmac

Juniors
Would be kinda cool if the AAS team could draft in a few players like Bryce Goodwin (WA) Will Chambers,Ben Barba (NT) & Mahe Fonua,Young Tonumaipea,Richie Kenner(Vic).

Nuke

Staff member
I should imagine NIB Stadium, but I'm yet to see any such details.