What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England V Samoa, may 2017

roughyedspud

Coach
just had a message from the APRLC...

tonga are likely to play the cook islands next may...details to be announced shortly

IntRLEnthusiast

Juniors
good for Cook Islands, not being at the world cup means they need these sorts of games to stay on the Rugby League map..

Pommy

Coach
Has the venue for this game been announced yet? I remember everyone assumed Campbeltown but is that confirmed?

latingringo101

Juniors
Has the venue for this game been announced yet? I remember everyone assumed Campbeltown but is that confirmed?
England vs Samoa is 100% happening in Sydney because they've announced about 100 times on Social media.

I've heard whispers that Fiji will play PNG and Cook Islands vs Tonga for a triple header somewhere in Sydney.

roughyedspud

Coach
Bennett has agreed with SL clubs to take no more than 3 players from anyone SL team for the samoa test..

Tbh i don't think any SL club has more than 3 potential picks anyway

adamkungl

Immortal
Bennett sounds like he was a bit more ... open and compromising? on his latest trip. Wasn't overly fussed about Dubai by the looks of things.

Coastbloke

Bench
Still no word on venue?
I would be dissapointed if Campbelltown is indeed the ground they play it.
Will they be playing the other Rep Round Tests at the same ground?
SFS would seem the logical choice but NRL and media apathy ensures they can't even sell out a ANZAC Test, but to put a full English International on a ground that's not even good enough for a NSW Cup Grand Final seems ludicrous.
Central Coast stadium only holds slightly short of 21,000 but is a modern ground. A proper retangular football stadium close to transport. Local media like 2GO and the Advocate love supportiing these events and Coast League fans get a much needed game, and it would look great on TV.

jim_57

Staff member
England v Samoa in a triple header is pretty shit

Agree, should have been stand alone or even 2 double headers and throw Lebanon and someone else in the mix.

Triple header just screams laziness and devalues internationals.

With parra stadium out of action the reality is Sydney has no appropriately sized stadia that meets decent standards. Which is just another reason why Sydney is a shit choice in general. Campbelltown can't even get crowds for NRL games. To play a triple header there featuring England is embarrassing.

So in summary, just another day in RL. Anyone out there still defending the NRL/ARLC and their running of the game in this country?

Scubby

Juniors
Would it have been so bad to have played this at the SFS? Even if it only drew 10-15k - it could be marketed as an event and may draw a lot of ex-pat English fans from the city. If it is good enough for the Roosters FFS.

Who the hell is going to go out to Cambelltown? Wouldn't it make sense to use a World Cup venue and to create a festival atmosphere?

Pommy

Coach
Looking forward to it but a triple header and having it marketed as a pacific test?

flamin

Juniors
Campbelltown as part of a triple header - a new low for the English team?

Only a sellout crowd to redeem this decision.

IntRLEnthusiast

Juniors
how is this not even being advertised by NRL, except for someone finding it advertised on ticktek noone would have known.. I dont get it