What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England V Samoa, may 2017

hutch

First Grade
I can't believe they are playing these test matches at Campbelltown. No wonder our sport gets ridiculed. How ridiculous.

latingringo101

Juniors
I can understand why they went to Campbelltown (Large Ex-pat Pacific Island populations), but i reckon it'd be better than Penrith stadium.

expansionist

Juniors
FFS Campbelltown??? I would have travelled from Brisbane for this match if it was SFS or a more accessible stadium. This is a shit decision.

Some of the top nations in international RL playing a triple header and they play it there?

paulmac

Juniors
SFS unavailable due to the Waratahs,so C'town with its large islander population is probably not a bad option.Personally thinking of doing the Canberra Anzac test aswell,only 2.5 hrs drive between C'town.

jim_57

Staff member
SFS unavailable due to the Waratahs,so C'town with its large islander population is probably not a bad option.Personally thinking of doing the Canberra Anzac test aswell,only 2.5 hrs drive between C'town.

Maybe, but not for a triple header. Play a Pacific Double header there; PNG V Cooks, Tonga V Fiji, then elsewhere play England V Samoa as either standalone or with Lebanon V someone.

milton

Juniors
Lebanon will be playing Malta on the same day in Cabramatta as part of their warm up for the World Cup

Pommy

Coach
Lebanon will be playing Malta on the same day in Cabramatta as part of their warm up for the World Cup

Surprised they didn't make it a quad header.

Do Malta or Lebanon have many or any native players?

Burns

First Grade
Is it the same for anyone else, that tickets can only be viewed on the Ticketek mobile website, not desktop?
Also has there even been a press release about the venue??

Clarkent

Juniors
Who's everyone picking? Between Samoa vs England...
Personally I think England is gonna struggle against the Samoans... Especially with the new eligibility law... It's not gonna change the Samoan team much tho... If everything goes there way milford will be the only inclusion in to the squad... Josh McGuire was there a couple of years ago so wouldn't be surprised if he's slotted right in... I'm picking Samoa for the win based on a NRL stacked team and in the middle of the season players are still fresh and worn out like the end of the season test that they always do... Samoans weakness are usually in the halves will be improved tremendously with the inclusion of milford if he gets selected and with not a bad halves pairing Nu Brown... They will control there strong forward pack and a star studded backline... With leilua leading the backline.... For me I love watching the Samoa vs Tonga test every year cause no rivalry matches that match even origin... But playing England is another level up... It's not very often you get offered a tier 1 nation match and I think the samoans will be fired up... Im picking the samoans to come out on top...

roughyedspud

Coach
I hope Samoa turns us over,Bennett gets sack and Daryl Powell takes over..

I reckon Milford will play for Samoa too...He's zero chance of playing for oz

Clarkent

Juniors
England should handle them pretty easily.
Milford won't play for Samoa.
I wouldn't say easily... But it'll be a very close match... If milford does play it'll make a very big difference to the result... If he doesn't England will win tbh... Can't wait

Clarkent

Juniors

That's my thought exactly... Milford could probably make any team in the world but not Aussie... You not a fan of Bennett thought you guys would be happy to have probably the greatest coach of all time

nzwarriorskuz

Juniors
Campbelltown is easily accessible only 1 hr on the train (t2 airport line) from the city and from Leumeah station only a 5min walk. Then of course there's the large Pacific Island population and they have a fair few English expats there as well.

Pommy

Coach

Why would you hope for us to get beat? Never understand people who want their nation to get beat.

adamkungl

Immortal

Milford will probably get picked in an extended Aus squad as a 3rd backup half or something just to prevent him being picked for Samoa. That's pretty much how the Kangaroos operate. Remember that time we picked Sione Mata'utia..

As for Bennett - he'll have England firing by WC time.