What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

English football

Travitoh

First Grade
Is there much of a following here?
I'm an avid (and often disappointed) Leeds United supporter inherited from my grandfather.
Not overly optomistic about their chances this year just yet. Just desperately hoping that Marcelo Bielsa is the Anthony Seibold of the EFL Championship.

Pommy

Coach
I’m a big newcastle fan, I’m just enjoying the off season as I can’t be overly disappoint in the off season.

Travitoh

First Grade
I’m a big newcastle fan, I’m just enjoying the off season as I can’t be overly disappoint in the off season.

I would think that yet here we are, weeks out from the season and the only ins at Leeds are a couple of loans.

Pommy

Coach
Pretty much the same at Newcastle. Signed a loaner we already had then a couple of frees and loans.

Travitoh

First Grade
The way Ashley went about making sure Newcastle went up, I'd happily have him at Leeds.

Inkers75

Juniors
Top man for being a Leeds fan. :grinning::thumbsup_tone1:

By all accounts Marcelo Bielsa in his last job created method and madness producing chaos! If that's the case he will be at home at Elland Road. Premiership here we come!

Is there much of a following here?
I'm an avid (and often disappointed) Leeds United supporter inherited from my grandfather.
Not overly optomistic about their chances this year just yet. Just desperately hoping that Marcelo Bielsa is the Anthony Seibold of the EFL Championship.

Travitoh

First Grade
Top man for being a Leeds fan. :grinning::thumbsup_tone1:

By all accounts Marcelo Bielsa in his last job created method and madness producing chaos! If that's the case he will be at home at Elland Road. Premiership here we come!

MOT!

I wish i shared your optomism but the jury is out for me at the moment. I would like to see some players in to back the Bielsa appointment first.

That said, the current group of players were right in the mix for promotion at xmas... lets just not discuss what happened after

Pommy

Coach
The way Ashley went about making sure Newcastle went up, I'd happily have him at Leeds.

Ashley went about protecting his investment, it was a cold hard business decision nothing more. He looked at it purely from a buisness point of view and saw the small investment he made was offset by the rewards of promotion.
Remember we had a lot of utter shite players that PL sides were willing to pay a lot of money for. £30m for sissoko from spurs :):):)
He actually invested very little new cash.
Ashley knew that you have to win promotion in those first few years whilst still receiving parachute payments. Every year longer it takes the harder it becomes in a buisness sense to gain promotion and the more chance you have of doing a Leeds.

Massive Middlesbrough fan. Hopping we can get promoted this season. Finally get to watch the most of the Boro games this season when the new app comes out. I sit up to 4am every Saturday night watching it listening to the games.

Inkers75

Juniors
As a Leeds fan(!) I genuinely thought Boro were a decent team last year, even if you were partially managed by an ex Leeds boss!

As ever it will be a tough season for everyone as the Championship is a difficult league to get out of.

Massive Middlesbrough fan. Hopping we can get promoted this season. Finally get to watch the most of the Boro games this season when the new app comes out. I sit up to 4am every Saturday night watching it listening to the games.

Travitoh

First Grade
Ashley went about protecting his investment, it was a cold hard business decision nothing more. He looked at it purely from a buisness point of view and saw the small investment he made was offset by the rewards of promotion.
Remember we had a lot of utter shite players that PL sides were willing to pay a lot of money for. £30m for sissoko from spurs :):):)
He actually invested very little new cash.
Ashley knew that you have to win promotion in those first few years whilst still receiving parachute payments. Every year longer it takes the harder it becomes in a buisness sense to gain promotion and the more chance you have of doing a Leeds.

I can see your point but I'd still take that over anyone we've had over the years

Travitoh

First Grade

Which app is that? I used to have LUTV and would stream the audio each week.
How did Lewis Baker go for you guys last season? Leeds have him on loan this year.

Pommy

Coach
I can see your point but I'd still take that over anyone we've had over the years

The problem is there’s no ambition at all. He is happy for us to languish in the bottom half of the premier league because he still gets all the free advertising that comes with being an epl club.
We haven’t had a decent cup run in years and there’s zero chance of ever winning anything with him in charge. What is there to be excited about as a fan in that situation?
Even as a Leeds fan you can dream that you will get promotion back up and once you manage that things will be on the up and up again. We just have tedious blandness.

Which app is that? I used to have LUTV and would stream the audio each week.
How did Lewis Baker go for you guys last season? Leeds have him on loan this year.
They have not anouched the name of the app yet but I read a story on the Boro local paper. They said details to follow so I’ll post here when it’s relesed.

Baker was not given much of a chance. He started a couple of games early last season when monk was in charge and we have a few injured but he never really got much of a chance after that. He did score a cracking volly in one of the early games that I still remember.