What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ennis calls time

Card Shark

Immortal
Just had his mum on the local radio up here (Newcastle).

Said she's known about it for a while & had to keep a secret.

She sounded a bit teary talking about following his career & having taken him to footy since he was 6 or 7.

He is retiring because he didn't want to get to the start of next season after a pre-season & wonder why he's doing this to himself....& let his teammates down.

Hard to knock back the $300k he probably gets for playing but he's got a good gig with Fox & that makes the decision easier.

shaggs

Coach
Has anyone seen the surfing movie that plays on Foxtel where occy, ash grunwald, pete Matthews (I think) and some how Le gaz, do a boat trip through indo. f**k me the bloke sounds just as geniused talking about surfing too.

cb4

First Grade
Still don't know how to take this news.
Never liked him at other teams, and was a bit unsure of him signing here more for is personality and on field antics.
What I didn't know is that he is very much a model professional, a great leader, and a hell of a footballer.

I was pretty moved when he said he was retiring at 32 to be a dad. Some players drag their careers out for a final contract and head overseas for a retirement fund.

The hole that will be left in our team will be huge, and I feel that the premiership window will be closed a little with him gone.
I had penciled this squad in for a run at the title for 2016 and 2017, but without him I feel that we may be talen back into the pack.

All the best in retirement Mick. You will be a great pundit, make listening to games easier, and will one day make a great coach.

bluefox68

Staff member
Still don't know how to take this news.
Never liked him at other teams, and was a bit unsure of him signing here more for is personality and on field antics.
What I didn't know is that he is very much a model professional, a great leader, and a hell of a footballer.

I was pretty moved when he said he was retiring at 32 to be a dad. Some players drag their careers out for a final contract and head overseas for a retirement fund.

The hole that will be left in our team will be huge, and I feel that the premiership window will be closed a little with him gone.
I had penciled this squad in for a run at the title for 2016 and 2017, but without him I feel that we may be talen back into the pack.

All the best in retirement Mick. You will be a great pundit, make listening to games easier, and will one day make a great coach.

Yep.

It is 2016 or bust.

Even if Gal plays another year, will he be as good as he has been? Fifita? Anything could happen.

millersnose

Post Whore
Watched Farah for a long time
He is a very good and consistent player and still in the top 5 hookers playing easily

carcharias

Immortal
There is also the little issue of him having a problem with the last 3 coaches

Smoke and fire etc