What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ennis the Menace

southland

Juniors
Happy with Ennis, solid player, extremely good at what he does and will be sweet to have a another leader in the ranks.

Personally I was very disappointed we did not get Koroisau, tho no idea how hard we tried for him? Very different hookers but Ennis probably fits with us for the next couple of years... will be interesting to see who end up as the Sharks 14 next year...

RUBIKS

Juniors
townsend was cleared with taga

Loots was not in the main playing group at the time of the alleged breach so is under no cloud. 99.7% sure he was cleared with Taga

It was actually Lutelle and Townsend that were cleared. There was nothing to clear Taga of as he wasn't with us at the time.

It's been a while since we've had a 9 who is a willing kick option in general play. Looking forward to it. Even if I'm on the record for wanting to have kept Lichaa.

jason taylor

Bench
I think it's a wise signing, and it's nothing like letting go of De Gois when he was in career best form for Corey Hughes. Also gives Brown a pathway into the first grade team, either as a bench hooker or at halfback with Robbo playing hooker depending on Flanagans' plan for Brown.

Surrogate

Juniors
His missus goes alright as well
Simone-Ennis.jpg

I hope she doesn't get CRONULLIFIED.

Last edited:

Jaegerex

Juniors
Ennis is a fantastic signing.

The price we got him at is very good, considering we fended of Sticky money to get him.

He is a better player than Lichaa now, and will be in 2 years time.

I myself, and many others at the club, haven't seen anything from Michael to justify his price tag.

We also have 2 junior Australian hookers on our books for the next 3 years. Smart business.

I'm fairly happy with the signing, he may be nearing the end of his career but he still plays smart, hard and is a competitor through and through. I could see us using him for 80 mins a game next year and in his final year going back to having a sub on the bench for hooker, whomever we have mentoring under him during his time here Brown/Deitz for first grade experience and planning for post Ennis.

Happy with Ennis, solid player, extremely good at what he does and will be sweet to have a another leader in the ranks.

Personally I was very disappointed we did not get Koroisau, tho no idea how hard we tried for him? Very different hookers but Ennis probably fits with us for the next couple of years... will be interesting to see who end up as the Sharks 14 next year...

If I had to take a wild and uneducated guess, I would say Koroisau was probably our second choice, if we couldn't get Ennis who is still a decent player and would help develop our young hookers coming through then we pick up Koro. Despite Ennis being older and only being good for a couple more years I see it as the more beneficial long term for the club.

And as Surely said, he is a good mentor. Reynolds gives him a lot of credit in helping him get to where he is today. He seems like someone who would help focus and ease the nerves for rookies before the game in contrast to Gal whom would have everyone fired up and slightly edgy.

sharkadelic

Juniors
It was actually Lutelle and Townsend that were cleared. There was nothing to clear Taga of as he wasn't with us at the time.

It's been a while since we've had a 9 who is a willing kick option in general play. Looking forward to it. Even if I'm on the record for wanting to have kept Lichaa.

I knew there was a 3rd. CT. Cheers.

ek999

First Grade

He's willing, but shit at it

Quigs

Immortal
I like the signing and hope all goes well. But......... I thought signing Corey was a brilliant move too.

Fingers crossed.

Weaponhead

Coach
Good player. Total competitor who organises well. Good to get a high profile signing to bring a bit of confidence back. Hope it gets a few more over the line.

Craigshark

First Grade

The price we got him at is very good, considering we fended of Sticky money to get him.

I myself, and many others at the club, haven't seen anything from Michael to justify his price tag.

We also have 2 junior Australian hookers on our books for the next 3 years. Smart business.

Agree. Great signing. Lichaa already thinks he is better than what he is. Prances around the shire like he owns the place.

webShark

So what was his price? Junior hookers! We just offloaded one. As if we care. How can you possibly state Ennis will be better than Lichaa in 2 years? I've not seen much from Ennis this year to justify 300k+ either. As for good business, we won't know for a while. Lichaa may not kick on and Ennis may stay at the top level or viva versa. Personally, I am over signing 30+ yr olds. Yrrs, O also thought Corey Hughes was a good buy at the time.