What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Entertainment at GF

Macklemore isn't my thing, I don't mind the Killers, seems that entertainment is more for the tv audience than people at the ground. Personally I'd prefer a good and widely respected local rock act such as the Hoodoo Gurus, You Am I or perhaps The Celibate Rifles, (ok showing my age here)

I was at last year's grand final and it was the total vibe at the ground, the anticipation of a good game of football, a possible premiership win and good company of friends that had my attention, the entertainment seemed like a side show distraction.

Stake Removed

First Grade
So if the NRL deceided to can these overseas acts, we could go back to the relay race on grand final day, and the parachutes in the teams colors, i dont think the crowd would be upset

carcharias

Immortal
Should've got the dudes doing the easyfever gigs

Chris Cheney
Tex Perkins
Kram
Tim rogers
Phil Jameson

Easy beats covers

A quick google discovered they did it on the footy showGF show this year.
Ha

Root night.

Eion

First Grade
I didn't mind it and it did appeal to a younger mob.

My kids wanted to watch it but could not have given a flying if it was Chisel, Hoodoos or similar.

Look Macklemore sucks and musically I would much prefer Tex Perkins or the Rifles or even the f**ken living end who I can't stand; but the amount of genuine international mainstream news that Macklemore created around the NRL GF means that the selection was an absolute masterstroke.

carcharias

Immortal
I doubt Macklemore has given the NRL anything OS
The SSM got some airplay
They reported as the rugby championships in the US
He himself had no idea what it was.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I have no idea why worthless musicians are involved.

You want music go to their concert.

It is why I would never bother to go to a GF, even if the Sharks are playing.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I have no idea why worthless musicians are involved.

You want music go to their concert.

It is why I would never bother to go to a GF, even if the Sharks are playing.

On Grand Final day you wish for that storm we had when played rabbitts, those sharknado conditions

Eion

First Grade
Look Macklemore sucks and musically I would much prefer Tex Perkins or the Rifles or even the f**ken living end who I can't stand; but the amount of genuine international mainstream news that Macklemore created around the NRL GF means that the selection was an absolute masterstroke.
Yes, agree with it or not, but it was one of the very few times the NRL have shown some vision.

carcharias

Immortal
Vision?
More like a Pure fluke
If the SSM vote debate wasn't happening this bloke wouldn't got a mention.
The actual song about being gay song is 4 years old.

He was booked to play before the vote was decided on being run ( I'm pretty sure )

Besides
The only thing I reckon it has done is make him richer.

At least the killers acknowledged a little piece of Australian rock n roll.

Quigs

Immortal
I've posted this comment a few times over the decades. The old pommy halftime entertainment was the tops during the Internationals..

Back in the day when halftime was 10 minutes, IT WAS TEN MINUTES exactly.

The bloody Scots Queens Guards Military Pipe Band (or whoever they were called) would be marching up and down the oval to the Pipes.

If kickoff time happened then the pricks had to be off the field or get hit with the ball. Sometimes it was like watching the old cartoons where they'd speed up the beat and march faster (On the Double) to clear the playing field in time for the restart.

Eion

First Grade
Unless they're completely mong, the nrl would have known they would cop flack for hiring Macklemore, but went ahead and did it anyway. And it paid off.

I'm the first to bag them for their fugg ups but this wasn't one of them.

carcharias

Immortal
Greenberg probably hit shuffle on his daughters iPod and picked the 2nd thing that came up.
One direction probably told him him to f**k off first go .

I doubt Macklemore has given the NRL anything OS
The SSM got some airplay
They reported as the rugby championships in the US
He himself had no idea what it was.

I cant be bothered digging it up but I read on one of those shit newssites like Buzfeed a list of overseas titles that had covered the GF on the back of Macklemore and it was pretty long.

carcharias

Immortal
If truth be told
Hopoate probably got more coverage over there for sticking us finger up blokes bum holes

Frenzy.

Immortal
I cant be bothered digging it up but I read on one of those shit newssites like Buzfeed a list of overseas titles that had covered the GF on the back of Macklemore and it was pretty long.

I did a bit of a quick google just now and sure enough there is a fair bit of stuff on OS sites about Mackleberry.

bbc.com and billboard.com carry stories for example

They are not however in any way rugby league related. No game highlights. No mention of who played. Really just more political claptrap.

I'm ambivalent to Mackleberry himself. meh....

I'm ambivalent to SSM. meh....

I wouldn't even have "entertainment" at the Grand Final. Barely remember any of it. Will forget this too by this time next year.

I'd rather see the Click 2000 or 500 U/6s running around.

Unless they got Pink Floyd