What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ESL When does it start ?

siv

First Grade
When does the ESL season start ?

And who is broadcasting it this year in Oz ?

Pommy

Coach
Not ESL but do we know if Toronto's games are going to be on here? Seems like it would be good easy content for the new Rugby League channel.

Tigers1986

Juniors
It's broadcast on Fox Sports again this season. Usually we get their Thursday and Friday night games, airing around 6am Friday/Saturday respectively. We also get all Catalans home games on a Saturday night, usually around 11:30pm.

I've not heard anything about Toronto being featured on the channel and I doubt they would bother with League 1 when they don't even showcase the Championship.

Pommy

Coach
It's broadcast on Fox Sports again this season. Usually we get their Thursday and Friday night games, airing around 6am Friday/Saturday respectively. We also get all Catalans home games on a Saturday night, usually around 11:30pm.

I've not heard anything about Toronto being featured on the channel and I doubt they would bother with League 1 when they don't even showcase the Championship.

I'm not even sure if the championship is on tv back home anymore. I just thought this Perez might have tried to get the games broadcast here to boost his sponsorship potential.

Evil Homer

Staff member
I'm sure I've seen on the ESL site that they cover 1 game a week of the Championship.
No, the Championship regular season hasn't been televised for a couple of years, Sky Sports bought back the rights in about 2014 but choose not to show them for some reason. The Middle 8's are televised and those matches could include Championship sides, but the only regular season matches on TV for the last few years are the Summer Bash matches.