What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ettingshausen 'mellordrama' on ACA

snoozer

Bench
He has a disturbing obsession. I can imagine him living in one of those dark rooms that the serial killers have on Law and Order, with pictures of Cronulla players all over his basement wall, and someone like Gavin Miller or Perry Haddock tied naked to a mattress in a corner surrounded by candles and his own rotting spank.
jaysus loudy!!

bit much at this time of the morning for a sharks fan.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
1. Unless you've had depression, how can you comment? I'd imagine it makes you do things you wouldn't otherwise rather do, for attention/love/whatever
2. That's not the whole article. It's what the SMH printed. There's probably an apology in there and has been one given in person.
3. It says they took no money.

Massive fail, sir.

My major gripe would be that those quotes he gave at the top are nonsensicle and make it all sound staged. That, and the photos even though I haven't seen them.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
"They posed, grim-faced, in a series of awkward photos, including one showing the bulky sports star at his angry wife's feet, clutching her lap like a little boy pleading for mercy."

Ughh.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Ryan Giggs for the win. Rooted his brother's wife. Let him marry her while it was going on. Cannot top that! ;)

Last edited:
ET
Giggs
Carey

all nuffies compared to the great S.K Warne.

Smart enough not to root his mates girls.
had 2 girls for every wicket he took.

now tweaking Liz Hurley.

Bowled Shane.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
ya can... but it is very fugged up.

I'm game. Explain. You talking mate's mum or something? I mean your brother's mum is just off the cards unless your half or step brothers. Either way that sh!t messed up.

Last edited:

kmav23

Juniors

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ls-future-getting-murkier-20120331-1w53c.html

No apology from E.T to Mellor

ET's low blow
IF PAUL MELLOR was looking for a heartfelt apology from Andrew Ettingshausen when he confronted him about the affair he had with his wife he was left shocked and disappointed. Mellor has revealed ET responded by saying "everyone does it" in reference to extra-marital affairs. Little wonder Mellor is still so angry at his former Cronulla teammate - and was prepared to tell his story to A Current Affair when its reporter Tom Steinfort fronted him last week. Mellor had the choice of not speaking to him when he was approached outside his home. He told the reporter he would go inside and wash his face. Twenty minutes later after gathering his thoughts he fronted the ACA cameras and let his feelings be known. Mellor deserves enormous praise for having the courage to speak out about such a sensitive issue - he knew the effect it would have on his family and the Ettingshausens. To say Mellor was devastated by ET's actions is an understatement. It will be up to Mellor to say one day just how close he was to the edge. Mellor is widely regarded as one of the nicest and most decent men to have played in the NRL - some say that may have held him back from being an even better player. Former teammates of Mellor and Ettingshausen wanted the world to know about what ET has been up to. They are disgusted by the former Sharks skipper's actions and they are shattered by what Mellor has been through. There were rumours that Mellor found out about the affair at a party - much in the same way that Anthony Stevens found out about his North Melbourne teammate Wayne Carey having an affair with his wife, Kelli Stevens. Mellor says that is not correct - instead his wife fronted him to fess up. It seems that Ettingshausen will escape with his career intact with reports that he will still be the face of the Discovery Channel. Following the story, A Current Affair has been given a number of other leads. This columnist has been copping plenty for appearing on the program - there have been plenty of threats and abuse from ET supporters. Those people clearly think what ET did was OK. To spell it out for those who enjoy mauling the messenger - ET cheated on his wife with his best mate's wife. That is not OK. The reason it is worth reporting on is because ET has traded and made plenty of money out of his wholesome image and it's something he still does through his role on his fishing program. It's terrible that his kids and Mellor's kids will be feeling pain - but that is something ET and Ali Mellor should have thought about with some seriousness before they embarked on their affair

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Et was such a great player. Any sign of a hole or a gap, wooska, he'd be in it to score.

kmav23

Juniors
http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...mellors-wife-ali/story-e6frfmqi-1226373280410

FORMER rugby league pin up boy Andrew Ettingshausen has opened up about his 12-month affair with a former teammate's wife.
Ettingshausen and his wife Monique posed for the latest edition of Australian Women's Weekly just two months after it was publicly revealed that Andrew had had a year-long affair with Ali Mellor, the wife of his former best friend and former Cronulla Sharks captain Paul Mellor.
Ettingshausen said he became depressed after a business venture went belly-up and he was seeing a psychiatrist.
"I feel far beneath any level of humankind," Andrew said.
"Every day, I cry tears of shame and my mind aches with an intensity that no medicine can cure."
The Ettingshausens' 24-year marriage was almost busted wide open in March when Paul Mellor blew the lid on affair.
Despite fronting up for the excruciating three-hour interview, Monique said she was yet to forgive her husband.
ET said the couple were in debt after a fishing lodge in the Gulf of Carpentaria went bankrupt. It's believed the couple may have to sell their home.

Financially in trouble need to sell home...

His wife would be really upset ... cheated publicly humiliated and lose the family home

Latest posts