What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EUAN AITKEN

Life's Good

Coach
He’s playing really well & I am obviously happy he’s getting plenty of good press.
With the try he scored against Inglis I see that as a blueprint for getting the best out of him. Leave the passing & fancy play for other, just run hard & finish well.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I'm cautiously optimistic with Euan.
No doubt and I will acknowlwdge that his form has vastly improved from previous seasons, however, i still see flaws in his game, but as I said he is improving.
His try against Inglis was oustanding yes, but Inglis is really on 1 leg these days after 12 months out, howvet, I dont see Lafai scoring that try.
Good signs for Aitken and i hope it continues

Saint or sinner

Juniors
He's killing it ..injury free looks fast and strong ..attack and defence gone to another level..had no luck last year with a few injuries and is only 22..best is yet to come for him ..

getsmarty

Immortal
Aitken shows class in Origin audition
Dragons Den News
r205_32_2283_1730_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

HOW GOOD: Euan Aitken. Picture: AAP

HE’S 61 games into his NRL career, but there’s every chance Euan Aitken’s 22nd career try will remain the most memorable when all’s said and done.

The 22-year-old left Rabbitohs skipper Greg Inglis clutching at air to score a crucial midway through the first half of his side’s 16-12 victory on Friday night.

For a man chasing a maiden NSW jumper, blowing past one of Queensland, and the game’s, all-time greats is a fair feather in the cap.

With hopefully a lot more highlights to come, Aitken said the four-pointer will remain a memorable one.

“It’d definitely a special one,” Aitken said post-match.

“GI’s an amazing player, he’s played so many Origins and Tests for Australia and he’s a world class player and a world class centre.

“You’ve got to be aware of those players because they’re lethal. You’ve got make sure your defence is on-song.

“He’s one of the best centres to ever play the game so it’s definitely a challenge to come up against that sort of player.

“You want to put your best foot forward and I was happy to come away with a try.

“I’ve always been the sort of player to challenge people and try and beat them one-on-one so it was good to do that tonight.”

The effort certainly grabbed the attention of Blues coach Brad Fittler who was calling the game for Channel 9.

He’s long been a fan of the Pambula product, but Aitken said his Origin ambition is a largely unspoken one.

“It gives me some confidence but I’m not too worried about that at the moment,” he said.

“As a kid you dream of playing Origin and if that comes this year I’ll be more than happy to play and I’ll put my best foot forward there.

“I back myself in most situations like that. I just want to make sure I’m playing consistent footy with the Dragons and let that do the talking.”

Origin call-up or not, it’s a strong return from a 2017 campaign that was plagued by hamstring and shoulder injuries and culminated on off-season surgery.

It was the first time he’d faced such a run in his career, but he’s confident he’s well on the road back to top form.

“I feel like I’ve still got a lot of improvement to come,” he said.

“I had a few injuries last year but I think when I was playing, I felt I was playing some good football. I think that’s the key with me, being on the park and playing some regular consistent football.

“I feel like I’ve got a lot potential there, I’m tapping into that and playing some good footy.

“I’m happy with my game at the moment but I still think I can get better.”

Aitken’s four-pointer took his overall tally to four tries from five games, matching the effort of fellow club-leader, and Origin hopeful, Nene Macdonald on the left flank.

Macdonald and Lafai have managed seven tries between them, while Aitken has combined with Jason Nightingale for five on right, giving the Dragons plenty of across-the-park attacking potency.

“We’re both going well, both edges, we’re both scoring tries and that’s what you want to see on the park,” Aitken said.

“You want to see that balance in the football team where both edges can score. I think that comes down to Ben Hunt and Gareth Widdop being quality players and world-class halves.”

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5329291/aitken-shows-class-in-origin-audition/?cs=3713

Crush

Coach
Why is it that every single time Euan Aitken posts anything on his Instagram page its him in a bar with his mates or at a nightclub?
Seriously, you'd think all these young guys do is drink.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Why is it that every single time Euan Aitken posts anything on his Instagram page its him in a bar with his mates or at a nightclub?
Seriously, you'd think all these young guys do is drink.
A bit unfair there Crush. At least it's only a Friday night! Furthermore, I see him post a lot of stuff that's not nightclubs, mostly training shots and beach shots.

He's an adult who has stayed out of trouble, probably deserves the benefit of the doubt regarding drinking in moderation, if at all.

nontime111

Juniors
yep, I had a good look and theres HEAPS of amazing training and game shots, family shots, I think hes a great kid and I cant wait to see him CARVE! I hope hes working on defence of course but hes a damn gun we have a great team

Brutalitops

Juniors
Aitken really copped it (often deservedly) for the back end of 2018. But he started the year as one of the form centres of the league so I think talk of moving him on is far too premature.

possm

Coach
Aitken really copped it (often deservedly) for the back end of 2018. But he started the year as one of the form centres of the league so I think talk of moving him on is far too premature.

So why is Aitken training with the backrow forwards this pre-season?

Aitken was never the form centre of the competition, he was running behind the most dominant pack of forwards in the competition early last season and even then make error after error reading the defence on the right edge as well as never even thinking to set up his winger in attack.

No thanks. Like with Dufty he needs to go back to ISP, work on his game and earn a spot in first grade after rectifying his skill shortages. If he cannot come up to standard then he should look for another Club. This blind loyalty notion is over, it is a thing of the past because Mary will be fighting hard for an NRL contract with which-ever club.

possm

Coach
Aitken shows class in Origin audition
Dragons Den News
r205_32_2283_1730_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

HOW GOOD: Euan Aitken. Picture: AAP

HE’S 61 games into his NRL career, but there’s every chance Euan Aitken’s 22nd career try will remain the most memorable when all’s said and done.

The 22-year-old left Rabbitohs skipper Greg Inglis clutching at air to score a crucial midway through the first half of his side’s 16-12 victory on Friday night.

For a man chasing a maiden NSW jumper, blowing past one of Queensland, and the game’s, all-time greats is a fair feather in the cap.

With hopefully a lot more highlights to come, Aitken said the four-pointer will remain a memorable one.

“It’d definitely a special one,” Aitken said post-match.

“GI’s an amazing player, he’s played so many Origins and Tests for Australia and he’s a world class player and a world class centre.

“You’ve got to be aware of those players because they’re lethal. You’ve got make sure your defence is on-song.

“He’s one of the best centres to ever play the game so it’s definitely a challenge to come up against that sort of player.

“You want to put your best foot forward and I was happy to come away with a try.

“I’ve always been the sort of player to challenge people and try and beat them one-on-one so it was good to do that tonight.”

The effort certainly grabbed the attention of Blues coach Brad Fittler who was calling the game for Channel 9.

He’s long been a fan of the Pambula product, but Aitken said his Origin ambition is a largely unspoken one.

“It gives me some confidence but I’m not too worried about that at the moment,” he said.

“As a kid you dream of playing Origin and if that comes this year I’ll be more than happy to play and I’ll put my best foot forward there.

“I back myself in most situations like that. I just want to make sure I’m playing consistent footy with the Dragons and let that do the talking.”

Origin call-up or not, it’s a strong return from a 2017 campaign that was plagued by hamstring and shoulder injuries and culminated on off-season surgery.

It was the first time he’d faced such a run in his career, but he’s confident he’s well on the road back to top form.

“I feel like I’ve still got a lot of improvement to come,” he said.

“I had a few injuries last year but I think when I was playing, I felt I was playing some good football. I think that’s the key with me, being on the park and playing some regular consistent football.

“I feel like I’ve got a lot potential there, I’m tapping into that and playing some good footy.

“I’m happy with my game at the moment but I still think I can get better.”

Aitken’s four-pointer took his overall tally to four tries from five games, matching the effort of fellow club-leader, and Origin hopeful, Nene Macdonald on the left flank.

Macdonald and Lafai have managed seven tries between them, while Aitken has combined with Jason Nightingale for five on right, giving the Dragons plenty of across-the-park attacking potency.

“We’re both going well, both edges, we’re both scoring tries and that’s what you want to see on the park,” Aitken said.

“You want to see that balance in the football team where both edges can score. I think that comes down to Ben Hunt and Gareth Widdop being quality players and world-class halves.”

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5329291/aitken-shows-class-in-origin-audition/?cs=3713

I just can't understand why our coach who played right centre for Australia, could not see that Aitken does not have the sills to setup his winger; possibly one of the most important skills for a centre in past years and in these times.

Surely Aitkens poor reads in defence would be worry enough to make it impossible for Mary to have confidence in him.

Crush

Coach
A bit unfair there Crush. At least it's only a Friday night! Furthermore, I see him post a lot of stuff that's not nightclubs, mostly training shots and beach shots.

He's an adult who has stayed out of trouble, probably deserves the benefit of the doubt regarding drinking in moderation, if at all.
Its pretty clear from what he posts that he spends a lot of his freetime partying with the boys.
I haven't seen one post of a woman either.
You can get a pretty decent gauge of what type of people these guys are from their social media posts.
Check out Tariq for example, a real family man. Or Zac Lomax, not one pic in a bar with drink in hand.
Aitken appears to be a on an endless schoolies trip on the goldcoast with the boyz!!!

Last edited:

dragon thomo

Juniors
I think he could make a good lock. You cant say he lacks heart, runs good strong lines, also being in the middle he doesnt have to read the defence as much as in the centres. His deficiencies in defene are more his reading rather than a physical issue.

Saints111

Juniors
Its pretty clear from what he posts that he spends a lot of his freetime partying with the boys.
You can get a pretty decent gauge of what type of people these guys are from their social media posts.
Check out Tariq for example, a real family man. Or Zac Lomax, not one pic in a bar with drink in hand.
Aitken appears to be a on an endless schoolies trip on the goldcoast with the boyz!!!
Hes not a saint. You will see the girl video soon.

BLM01

First Grade
Bit harsh Crush. Young single man who just loves social media and posting on Instagram etc and the like. They are allowed to have a beer or 2 away from training as long as he meets his goals Mon-Fri and does nothing wrong. I think we are being a bit too precious, judgmental and alarmist.
Tariq is a family man cause he has a family.
Zac Lomax just 18 and goes out with the Dragons girl's team winger and obviously not big on the social media stuff..does not mean he does not go out and have a beer or two

Crush

Coach
Bit harsh Crush. Young single man who just loves social media and posting on Instagram etc and the like. They are allowed to have a beer or 2 away from training as long as he meets his goals Mon-Fri and does nothing wrong. I think we are being a bit too precious, judgmental and alarmist.
Tariq is a family man cause he has a family.
Zac Lomax just 18 and goes out with the Dragons girl's team winger and obviously not big on the social media stuff..does not mean he does not go out and have a beer or two
It is what it is. He's just one of those kind of blokes. Plenty of them in the NRL, he aint alone.
He'll have another drinking buddy now at least with Norman on board.
Good for them.

Latest posts