What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eurzone retired

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Zabeel has a few more crops to race hopefully he can get to 45 to equal his old man.

Redoutes may struggle then again he has been shuttling to France which may give him a chance.

Fastnet is a freak I think he could get there.

Zabeel should get there i reckon, they win Gp1's as 8yo's, so he's got plenty of time..

I'd kind of like to see him equal his old man, but not pass him, just for sentimental reasons..

Can't wait to see the European Redoutes run..

He had a few run a few years back, when he served mares during autumn for the Northern hemisphere..

One of his ran 2nd in the Coventry Stakes at Royal Ascot, it was 4 clear with a furlong to go & got run down..

Buggered if i can remember it's name..

And agree with ya on Fastnet..freak..

Horrie Is God

First Grade
So did Northern Dancer, in the 80's :shock:

What did fastnet average in the Easter Sales???? Over 400k so 200k with the right mare is a decent gamble. But Redoutes at 110k is pretty good considering he is a chance to win leading sire this year and he was standing at 330k not that long ago.

Old mate Wikipedia says this

Storm Cat was an American thoroughbred stallion whose breeding fee during the peak of his stud career was $500,000, one of the highest in the world, the highest being his Grandsire, the Canadian champion, Northern Dancer at $1,000,000 (with no guarantee) 1984-1987

:shock:

:crazy:

A million with no live foal guarantee.. Cray cray..

Probably worth it though..:shock:

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Eliza Park released their 2014 fees today, Fighting Sun who I mentioned earlier has been listed at 13750+gst :crazy::crazy::crazy: that for a horse who only won a Saturday maiden and a Listed race!!! These studs really are banking on sons of NM being highly sort after he makes Eurozone seem like a bargain comparatively

Crazier than that u can book to Fiorente for 17500+gst who was bordering on champion status before he retired. Just goes to show only 2yo speed is valued in this country:x

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Eliza Park released their 2014 fees today, Fighting Sun who I mentioned earlier has been listed at 13750+gst :crazy::crazy::crazy: that for a horse who only won a Saturday maiden and a Listed race!!! These studs really are banking on sons of NM being highly sort after he makes Eurozone seem like a bargain comparatively

Crazier than that u can book to Fiorente for 17500+gst who was bordering on champion status before he retired. Just goes to show only 2yo speed is valued in this country:x

Tru dat,funny that Fighting Sun will be more popular despite proving nothing on the track all because because he was a speedy squib and this country loves to breed speedy squibs

Everyone trying to breed an Isca or Placid Ark

:crazy:Stayers

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That 2 year old Zabeel horse Divan that ran 3rd on debut reminds me of Subscribe,Subscribe ran an eye catching race as a youngster here only to never be heard of again until people realised Hong Kong champion Vengeance of Rain was him

Hopefully Divan doesn't skip the country
I remember watching him run a slashing 4th in the Victorian sires and I turned to my old man and said that's the derby horse, I was correct he did win a derby.

The Hong Kong one :cool:

Latest posts