What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Events at TFS and WORL

C

CanadianSteve

In lurking on those 2 forums lately, I see there's a lot of banning and resigning going on. Some of it has occurred between the 2, some seems to be within each forum. I have trouble telling the players without a scorecard - I think EA has quit TFS over something Dale C did, Coop has been banned from WORL, and some other members in the 2 sites are bickering back and forth. Can someone here who knows the parties better (I can't keep them all straight) fill in the details of recent events.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I thought coop was banned from WORL (NineMsn) some time back and I understand that Everlovin Antichrist had a disagreement over censorshipandhas left Dale's Forum.

Like sands through the hour glass....

imported_E_A__

Juniors
According to coop, he was banned last year from WORL and won't go back.

I've flicked TFS because, in my opinion, Dale is changing it into something it was never meant to be. He has interests to look after and his decisions based on those interests conflict with what TFS was supposed to be, IMO. No great drama.

There's a room full of Saints supporters who love me at WORL. They'll continue to eat faecal matter and I'll occasionally try and force feed them something other than turds.

TFS's loss is LWOS gain.
emcry.gif

At least you can hang it on WORL more often now. :)

A

alex

Well if this is where you will be EA, then I'll have to stop in more often. From what I've seen so far, it looks pretty cool:).

rl_addict

Juniors
Hi, I'm addict.
I'm new here, but been at TFS for sometime. I've been thinking for sometime that perhaps LWOS might be more akin to my type of thing.
I don't think that events at TFS are necessarily Dales fault, but the nature of the beast seems to be more prohibitive due to the show being so obviously public.
I'm not departing from TFS either, but if you'll be happy to see me here, I would be happy to be here.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Good to see more posts from alex and rl_addict, welcome aboard. :)

"...events at TFS are necessarily Dales fault, but the nature of the beast seems to be more prohibitive due to the show being so obviously public."
I agree. Keep inmind that forums/ message boards are basically meeting places where forummers can discuss a range of subjects. After that, forums will have different management styles. This is not to say that one place is better than the other but its a simple fact that not every place is run along the same lines.

AtLWOS, we try hard to keep the message open for all comers and hopefully, allow the place to manage itself. The managers see themselves at forummers first and moderators last.

So crack open the keg, fire up the barbieand discuss anything you like guys...
embeer.gif

The sad thing about TFS site is EA and Meth did a great job getting it started, andthe members came and the place was running great.Then along came DALE C.He made himself the boss and saidthings will change. He hasover the top sensorship anddictatorship.The man is on a super dooper power trip.People are already leaving but that will not bother him

imported_E_A__

Juniors
Gidday Alex, Addict and Tom.

Look, I really don't have a problem with what went on at TFS. It just wasn't my cup of tea, plain and simple. I would have preferred it to go in a particular direction but that can't happen. Dale needs to look at it differently to me and I accept that. TFS will be around long after I'm forgotten.

Good to see you here people!!

Firstly, I had a big weekend & have only scored 3hrs sleep in the last 2 days so will agree my eyesight is kind of shonky right but...

Bronco...
How did you manage to copy "Cyber Guy"s post &amp; paste it here SIX minutes <u>before</u> he posted it on the other board??? :D

I'm saddened by EA's departure from TFS. It seems to have had an affect. Posts are down and enthusiasm is low. Well for me it is anyway.

I don't know if I want to be part of a dictatorship.:(

how true growler since he has left no one is postring at TFS. place has become a tad boring, add to the fgact that meth is in study mode and not participating leaves the place lifeless. might stick around lwos more often

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I'm sure Dale's Forum will make a come back when the Footy season kicks off. Afterall, it does have an excellent link to the Footy Show website... hence the reason for Dale's arrogance.

Look, I hate to say it, but the moment Dale reared his mug I was at loggerheads with him. It was obvious that he was there to exercise his opinion over all other opinions as to howhis forum would be run.

But to be fair, we have become used to forummers having a say in the running of LWOS and even though I can never agree with Dale's policies, I have to remind myself thatDale's Forumis a different place.
Its none ofour business how he wants to moderate... he does afterall, have tosatisfy his employers' wishes. Doesn't stop him being dickhead though (yes, I'm talking to you, Dale).

EA (obviously a bloke with some heart) did the only thing he could by voting with his feet.