What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Every finals match so far ruined!

Was Walker Offside

• Yes

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Too close to call, stay with on-field decision

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

Clifferd

Coach
Such blind hatred makes people deluded. The referees I thought were fair today. I thought the Townsend try was fair enough but I thought the JT one was held up but they sent it up as a try so they couldn't overrule it and you can't say it lost the Sharks the game. That was one of the best weekends of finals footy I've seen. Bring on the rest of the finals.

Should've seen the anti Melbourne brigade in their finals game if you thought this was bad

The Beaver

Juniors
Rugby League needs to go back to what made it great. A fast, open game. Ditch the video ref, we don't need forensics for every try scored. You can't even celebrate a try, because you need to wait five minutes for a full investigation into it. Mistakes will happen, they happen anyway, but more mistakes in a far more entertaining game is a fair trade off.

Surely

Post Whore
Some fans and media personality's are now starting to tire from these coaches' tirades. Particularly when their teams had their chances to win and stuffed it. I think Barrett complaints have merit, but Shane Flannigan's team defiantly had their chances and fluffed it.

Flannigan has suggested Maloney should have not been sin binned for his professional foul which really hurts his credibility.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/cr...t/news-story/399ce6017f3a3e6cbb5f077d988e9c4f

Consistency would be good

The guy that tackled leutele when he was supporting Feki should have been binned as well if that's the rule

Instead it was just a penalty, oh wait it wasn't even that.

There were plenty more shit decisions like the Holmes passed ruled forward

The 50/50 like balls being punched out going backwards and being called a knock on I can live with, they are hard to see without a video replay.

It's just the blatant ones that are disappointing

Spade

Juniors
He said he wasnt sure. The it happened so quickly he couldnt tell.

Fortunately video later confirmed he didnt. Wouldnt change the result either way. But atleast it was the right call.

That video didn't confirm shit

Spade

Juniors
Some fans and media personality's are now starting to tire from these coaches' tirades. Particularly when their teams had their chances to win and stuffed it. I think Barrett complaints have merit, but Shane Flannigan's team defiantly had their chances and fluffed it.

Flannigan has suggested Maloney should have not been sin binned for his professional foul which really hurts his credibility.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/cr...t/news-story/399ce6017f3a3e6cbb5f077d988e9c4f

The touchie was yelling out Coote offside apparently

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Rugby League needs to go back to what made it great. A fast, open game. Ditch the video ref, we don't need forensics for every try scored. You can't even celebrate a try, because you need to wait five minutes for a full investigation into it. Mistakes will happen, they happen anyway, but more mistakes in a far more entertaining game is a fair trade off.
Easy to say that. But its the media who drove the forensics, going over every little mistake by the refs (who as humans will make mistakes).

You take away the video ref or bunker like fools like Phil Gould want and watch the uproar from fools like Phil Gould when a mistake is picked up by technology.

natheel

Coach
Serious question. If your referring to the JAC try, it was touched by parramatta so fair try. If your referring to the second try with Cronk/Glasby, absolutely nothing wrong with that, Glasby always had the ball not Cronk. If your referring to the penalty for taking out Slater, that's a penalty everyday of the week, the Eels player ran several metres just to put a shot on Slater. There was a forward pass for the Radradra try but in the end it had no bearing on the result.
They showed that it actually didn't touch the eels players hands. It was the defender that came in from he side that hit Scott while he threw it allowing his motion to push it forward. Because of his it jolted upwards looking like it touched Auvaa in real time.

Surely

Post Whore
They showed that it actually didn't touch the eels players hands. It was the defender that came in from he side that hit Scott while he threw it allowing his motion to push it forward. Because of his it jolted upwards looking like it touched Auvaa in real time.

I'm not sure who put forward the bullshit excuse that an eels player knocked it forward, because the replay clearly shows it never touched an eels player, hypothetically if it did it would have been propelled back the other way unless it was a magic Ball with a string that he could have pulled.

natheel

Coach
I'm not sure who put forward the bullshit excuse that an eels player knocked it forward, because the replay clearly shows it never touched an eels player, hypothetically if it did it would have been propelled back the other way unless it was a magic Ball with a string that he could have pulled.
It was just the refs call live because he actually never went to the bunker for it and never went to the bunker for a try that went through about 40 sets of hands where in the season both those would've been checked. Go figure

Big Salad

Juniors
The touchie was yelling out Coote offside apparently

That wasn't the sin bin incident, but just before the penalty was given for interfering with the marker when Maloney made a break from dummy half on their own goal line.

Canard

Immortal
The blatant lying from Flanno.

Holmes had the ball in his hands before Maloney grabbed, I mean touched him.

Coote was called offside.

mxlegend99

Referee
That video didn't confirm shit
It confirms his hand never touched it. 2 different angles synced show that while one angle looks like he might have a hand to it. The other shows quiet a big gap between his hand and the ball.

Honestly channel 9 released that footage the following day... and normally they would be looking for a story that points out all the referee f**k ups.

Maybe thats what they were hoping for. But it proved otherwise and the work was already done.

adamkungl

Immortal
The refs were fine. 50-50 calls didn't fall the way of some fans. If they were called the other way there'd be outrage from the opposite set of fans.
We all get the shits about refs decisions during games, and there are some obvious problems around the rule book and Archer's structures and directives to the refs.
But post-game blaming refs for losing seems to be at an all time high with coaches and media fueling the fire for dumb fans.

There have been more social media meltdowns from Sharks and Manly fans than there were fans in attendance at either game. So many people that claim to care about their team's result yet so many can't be arsed actually attending.
Here's an idea - why don't some of the people who sat on their couch sooking all weekend actually get to a game and we can solve 2 NRL problems in 1 go.

Vee

First Grade
The Peachey no knock on was one of the worst decisions I have ever seen. Silly season is upon us and the refs will mess things up more than usual given the pressure they are under. Manly and Cronulla would be justified with their anger against the officials but at the end of the day nothing will change.
Disagree. Looked for all the world like a knock-on live but on the super slo-mo, I'm still not convinced it hit his hand. May well have done, equally, the ref way well have got it right. Either way, the ref has got to make a call and there was insufficient evidence to conclusively overrule IMO, so the coaches have got to suck it up. The NRL and Archer have got to get on the front foot and provide these explanations to refute the whinging and show it up for the Loser's Lament that it is.

Latest posts