What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Every finals match so far ruined!

Was Walker Offside

• Yes

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Too close to call, stay with on-field decision

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

The_Shield

Juniors
They showed that it actually didn't touch the eels players hands. It was the defender that came in from he side that hit Scott while he threw it allowing his motion to push it forward. Because of his it jolted upwards looking like it touched Auvaa in real time.
Do you have the link for where they show that? Wouldn't mind getting a closer look

simmo05

Bench
Rugby League needs to go back to what made it great. A fast, open game. Ditch the video ref, we don't need forensics for every try scored. You can't even celebrate a try, because you need to wait five minutes for a full investigation into it. Mistakes will happen, they happen anyway, but more mistakes in a far more entertaining game is a fair trade off.
This. Video ref is a f**king blight. It has destroyed the fabric of the game

TheFrog

Coach
Serious question. If your referring to the JAC try, it was touched by parramatta so fair try.
Not so sure about that. I didn't see any Parramatta touch. This is why they couldn't go upstairs. It would have shown a hideously forward pass and the try would have stood anyway.

Having said that, this happened in the 4th minute. Parra led 10-4 at half time. This try did not cost them the game, what cost them the game was being outplayed in the second half.

The_Shield

Juniors
Just on the Curtis Scott pass to JAC. I've had a few looks at it now and I'm convinced it definitely touched the Eels hand who plays at the ball and you can clearly see it changes after that point. Someone said it went forward because of the other eels player got to Scott but Scott had already passed the ball before Mannah touched him. It was the correct call

TheVelourFog

First Grade
We can't go back to no video ref, it is impossible. What would that solve when every thing can be broadcast from 5 differemt angles in slo-mo? Everyone would still whinge that the ref made the wrong call.

Just need to clean up rule interpretations and consistent application.

King hit

Coach
Should've seen the anti Melbourne brigade in their finals game if you thought this was bad

Yes I saw it and I thought the Storm were lucky but they did handle the big moments better. And we all know that anything Smith and Slater does goes in 1 eye and out the back of the head of referees.

On the Broncos forum in last year the GF was such anti Sharks nonsense it was pathetic. Refs got them the win, it's the fairytale that they all arranged blah blah blah

Clifferd

Coach
Yes I saw it and I thought the Storm were lucky but they did handle the big moments better. And we all know that anything Smith and Slater does goes in 1 eye and out the back of the head of referees.

On the Broncos forum in last year the GF was such anti Sharks nonsense it was pathetic. Refs got them the win, it's the fairytale that they all arranged blah blah blah

Biggest laugh was when people thought Will Chambers was cheating when he tried to slow the play the ball down with 2 mins to go. Literally every single player in the game does it in the same situation but because it's Melbourne it's the refs fault haha

People can't accept that they are so fckin good.

King hit

Coach
Biggest laugh was when people thought Will Chambers was cheating when he tried to slow the play the ball down with 2 mins to go. Literally every single player in the game does it in the same situation but because it's Melbourne it's the refs fault haha

Blind hatred makes people deluded

Surely

Post Whore
The refs were fine. 50-50 calls didn't fall the way of some fans. If they were called the other way there'd be outrage from the opposite set of fans.
We all get the shits about refs decisions during games, and there are some obvious problems around the rule book and Archer's structures and directives to the refs.
But post-game blaming refs for losing seems to be at an all time high with coaches and media fueling the fire for dumb fans.

There have been more social media meltdowns from Sharks and Manly fans than there were fans in attendance at either game. So many people that claim to care about their team's result yet so many can't be arsed actually attending.
Here's an idea - why don't some of the people who sat on their couch sooking all weekend actually get to a game and we can solve 2 NRL problems in 1 go.

Probably because i live in buttfark Qld and have to work weekends.

Although you bring up a good point for home finals at suburban grounds, they would have filled shark park.

moffla

Bench

It's absolute overkill. Same song, different singer each year.

Regardless of who wins the premiership each year there's a serious case of Tall Poppy Syndrome. Can guarantee whoever does go on to win the 2017 comp will have done so because of "the refs"

Surely

Post Whore
Just on the Curtis Scott pass to JAC. I've had a few looks at it now and I'm convinced it definitely touched the Eels hand who plays at the ball and you can clearly see it changes after that point. Someone said it went forward because of the other eels player got to Scott but Scott had already passed the ball before Mannah touched him. It was the correct call

f**k off if an eels player did touch it it was already forward because of where the eels player was in relation to the pass in front of a it, secondly if his hand hit it it would have been propelled the other way.

These are the f**k ups that are inexcusable when you have two refs and two touchies , doesn't matter if you think they wouldn't have altered the result.

Last edited:

Knightmare

Coach
Rugby League needs to go back to what made it great. A fast, open game. Ditch the video ref, we don't need forensics for every try scored. You can't even celebrate a try, because you need to wait five minutes for a full investigation into it. Mistakes will happen, they happen anyway, but more mistakes in a far more entertaining game is a fair trade off.

Video ref is here to stay as long as it comes with product placement.

Latest posts